HELP: After modification atempt my 7170 won't connect to pc

domaco

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hello. Sorry for posting in english but I can't write in german.
Short story: I wanted badly own a fritzbox. Bought one 7170 from ebay 2 weeks ago. The box is from 1&1.
I managed to get it in Annex A and make some firmware upagrades. The box has now frimware v. 29.04.57 (german) and is set to annex A.
After some configuration to try to get my adsl working, I don't know what gone wrong. What I know is: now I can't get the box connected to pc network card. even fixing an ip. Always get "limited connectivity" telnet seams nor work too. The strange thing is that all leds seams to be ok.
Now the question: Is my box dead? if not is there any way to manually RESET it to "factory settings"? any other way?
If any volontary friend wants to try recover it with the box in hands I will send it and of course will pay the return.
Plese help if you can.
Thank you all

Google direkt translation:
Hallo. Sorry for post-in Englisch, aber ich kann nicht schreiben auf Deutsch.
Kurze Geschichte: Ich wollte ein eigenes schlecht fritzbox. 7170 kaufte ein von eBay 2 Wochen. Die Box ist von 1 & 1.
Ich verwaltet, um es in Anhang A und einige Firmware upagrades. Die Box hat jetzt frimware v. 29.04.57 (Deutsch) und ist auf Anhang A.
Nach ein paar Konfigurations-zu versuchen, mein adsl arbeiten, ich weiß nicht, was schief gelaufen ist. Was ich weiß, ist: Ich kann jetzt nicht mehr die Kiste mit PC-Netzwerk-Karte. sogar zur Festsetzung einer IP. Immer "limitiert Konnektivität" telnet Nähte noch Arbeit zu. Das seltsame ist, dass alle LEDs Nähte in Ordnung zu sein.
Nun die Frage: Ist mein Feld tot? wenn nicht, ist es eine Möglichkeit, manuell wieder auf "Werkseinstellungen"? eine andere Art und Weise?
Wenn eine freiwillige Freund will versuchen es wieder mit der Kiste in den Händen werde ich ihn und natürlich zahlt die Hin-und Rückflug.
Bitte helfen, wenn du kannst.
Vielen Dank, dass Sie alle

Hello domaco,

first of all: Your box is still alive! :D

But, as you didn't tell us nothing about your country, your pc's operating system and your local provider, it is hard to give you any help. :(

Have you ever tried to use the "emergency"-IP adresses to access the box? :noidea:

Joe

@domaco

it seems, that your FBF simply doesn't provide DHCP services at the moment, why your PC does not receive an IP.
You should be able to connect to your FBF via the Default-IP 169.254.1.1 tough ...

Worst case, you can still use the recovery image and bring everything back to normal.

Regards
dynamic

Hello domaco,

But, as you didn't tell us nothing about your country, your pc's operating system and your local provider, it is hard to give you any help. :(

Have you ever tried to use the "emergency"-IP adresses to access the box? :noidea:

Joe

HI.
I am in Portugal. I Have Vista and xp in my computer. My Internet provider is Vodafone (ADSL annex A).
Which is the "emergency" IP address?

@dynamic: You are right. that's the problem. I'll try the ip 169.254.1.1 and post the results.
Thanks

Hello domaco,

Joe

HI.
I am in Portugal. I Have Vista and xp in my computer. My Internet provider is Vodafone (ADSL annex A).

@dynamic: You are right. that's the problem. I'll try the ip 169.254.1.1 and post the results.
Thanks

HI.

Thanks

EDIT: is alive again. and connects to my adsl connection. The problem now is:
I have an internet of 12 MB and the speed metters tell me that with the fritzbox I am getting only 1MB. What could be the problem? wrong configuration?
Other thing. As my webinterface is still in german Please give me some hints how can I put the bos acting as router only (not modem). This way I can connect my little thomson adsl 2+ modem to the box. Thank you :confused::rolleyes:

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.