Is it possible to dial SIP URI's with 7050?

sskracic

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
I am testing 14.04.03-3274 beta firmware on my 7050. From my very very limited knowledge of German I've concluded that in the phonebook one can enter any kind of number, SIP URL's included. Here's the excerpt from the help page:

Um Internetrufnummern, die aus einer Buchstabenfolge bestehen, mit Ihrem angeschlossenen Telefon anwählen zu können, müssen Sie diese Internetrufnummern als Kurzwahl einrichten.Die Internetrufnummer können Sie dann über die Kurzwahlnummer oder den Vanity-Code anwählen.

I've tried to enter some URI's, like '[email protected]' or 'sip:[email protected]', however dialing '**7xx' did not yield any effect, and the logs showed that no dialing has been attempted at all. Any clue anyone?

maybe your telefone does not give the "*" to the fritz.box.
Search the telephone(-handbook) for something with the word "keypad" in it.
Auto-keypad or similar.

herges schrieb:
maybe your telefone does not give the "*" to the fritz.box.
Search the telephone(-handbook) for something with the word "keypad" in it.
Auto-keypad or similar.

I apologize for not being clear enough. Other phonebook entries work (those that have PTSN numbers), eg. **701 (or **701# for that matter) calls my in-laws :>

Found it!

While this most likely seems to be a bug in Fritz!, I've discovered that calling SIP URIs work if I manually select a VoIP telephony provider (any one will do). I have setup '03' entry in phonebook to go to '[email protected]' - this is an echo test server. I've also attached 'ECHO' vanity code to that entry. Now I can dial it using:

*12#**703#
*12#**83246#

@sskracic:

1. Could you be so kind as to test this behaviour with the current beta firmware 14.04.03-3306 and report the results here?

2. If this does not resolve the problem, it would be nice of you to report it directly to the AVM beta test team at [email protected]. And don't fret - they will understand English ;-) (You might also refer them to this thread.)

Thank you.

I tried to reproduce it here on a 7050 w/ FW 14.04.03-3306:

Both worked correctly (without any *12#) with these tests (all combinations tested):
  • from FON1 w/ default ISDN
  • from FON1 w/ default VoIP
  • from ISDN phone (int. S0) w/ default ISDN
  • from ISDN phone (int. S0) w/ default VoIP
  • dialled as '**701' / '**702'
  • dialled as '**701#' / '**702#'
  • dialled as '**8MARY' / '**8ICH' (vanity codes)
  • dialled as '**8MARY#' / '**8ICH#' (vanity codes)

So I assume it might have been a bug in the 3274 beta build.

Good luck!

Btw, you are working with 'automatic outside line' (spontane Amtsholung) enabled - meaning: you don't have to dial '0' or the like to get one? If not, you'd have to key in only '701', not '**701'.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Moonbase schrieb:
1. Could you be so kind as to test this behaviour with the current beta firmware 14.04.03-3306 and report the results here?

Moonbase, thank you for your support. I'm now testing 3306 (as can be seen from my signature), and I see no change in behavior, which can be described as:

1. analogue phone on FON 1: works regardless of the phone number (Internet or fixed)

2. ISDN phone on FON S0: doesn't work, regardless of the phone number set (Internet or fixed). Tested on my two ISDN phones (see signature). The only way I could dial a SIP URI is via *12#**7xx or *12#**8xxxx. I assume that both ISDN phones send proper key sequence to Fritz!, since **701 (which is mapped to a pure number) dialed from any of them establishes a call.

Further, from the postings in this very forum, I see that I'm not alone with this SIP URI dialing problem. But the fact that it's working for you, with the same firmware revision and identical hardware, puzzles me a lot ...

Hi sskracic,
which MSN is used by your ISDN phones to dial out? Is this MSN registered as an internet number in your FBF? If not, the FBF will try to dial out via fixed line - and the fixed line does not support SIP addresses. As switching to the first internet number works for you (*12#), try to change the outgoing MSN of your ISDN phone to an internet-MSN and check.

Actually, I'd assume there's something corrupt somewhere...

Maybe from a previous firmware upgrade, non-AVM firmware patches or the like (you did have 14.04.01 on the machine before you upgraded to 14.04.03-3274, didn't you?!)

I just tried to reproduce everything on my "clean" WDS testing unit (another 7050 w/ FW 14.04.03-3306). This unit sits on the WLAN only (no DSL, no Inet via LAN A, 1 analogue FON1, 1 ISDN Phone, all 10 SIP accounts set up).

I actually tried voipuser.org's echo test number you gave previously, and guess what:
All above tests worked immediately, every time! From both the analogue and the ISDN phone.

Then I tried Ghostbuster's (sorry, Ghostwalker's) suggestion: Put a (non-existant) ISDN MSN '123456' both in the box and the ISDN phone.

Now whenever I go off-hook on the ISDN phone, the box lights the 'Festnetz' LED very briefly, then immediately switches to 'Internet' - and connects my call! (Which is expected behaviour since it can see there is no ISDN or POTS connected.)

So I'd really suggest to reset your unit to factory defaults (jot down all important settings before that!) by keying in '#991*15901590*' on any phone. After that, the box will reboot and you'll have to re-enter all your settings.

Beware: It will not clear out your /var/flash/debug.cfg on a factory reset - so whatever is in there should be noted and cleared out before using telnet:
echo>/var/flash/debug.cfg

Good luck!

Caught the bug...

Well, I think we've caught the bug!

Apparently the behaviour you describe only happens if:
  • you are using an ISDN phone
  • the ISDN phone must be calling out using an MSN that is
    • either not defined in the box
    • or an MSN entered for 'Festnetz' (POTS or ISDN) and no (P)BX connected
  • you must be using the '**7xx#' dialling code - the appropriate '**8xxx#' will work
  • you must be 'block dialling', i.e. entering the complete sequence before going off-hook - first going off-hook and then entering the '**7xx#' will work

Now that is an interesting little bug - could you please try to verify if you can reproduce the same behaviour on your box? I will then promptly forward this to AVM.

[EDIT] More tests done, already forwarded to AVM.

Can anybody else try this please?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
AVM recognizes this as an error and it will be fixed in the next firmware release. They appear to work all night... like I do, at times. Thanks!

The bug occurs whenever an ISDN phone
  • uses a pure non-VoIP MSN as Calling Party Number
  • directly puts the CPN or keypad '**7xx' into the Setup
  • sends the CPN or keypad '**7xx' within 1 second -if- there is no actual ISDN/POTS outside line connected

Please use the mechanisms described above to circumvent the bug in the current version.

Actually, I think the bug lies somewhere else. I performed a complete cold restart of my Fritz! with 3306 beta firmware - and nothing changed. What it all boils down to, is at least for me, incorrect MSN handling in new firmware. Outgoing MSNs are not being sent correctly, and that seems to be the root cause.

I've performed a simple test:

1. Select on the VoIP numbers as the outgoing MSN on my ISDN phone.
2. Go off-hook.

The 'Internet handset' LED should lit, but instead the 'Festnetz' turns on. And I hear the dialing tone of my fixed line in the handset.

So it's no wonder why **703 doesn't work, since Fritz! thinks it must dial over the fixed line.

Another simple test:

1. Select one of my ISDN MSNs (but not the default one) as the outgoing MSN on my ISDN phone.
2. Dial my cell phone, a dialing rule places this call over the Festnetz.

My cell phone rings, and shows my default ISDN MSN, not the one configured in my ISDN phone.

Dear sskracic,

I cannot reproduce "simple test" here - the "Internet" LED always comes up correctly (and the ISDN phone uses the VoIP account). I assume a miscrepancy in the used MSN - please double-check and remember that MSNs have a maximum length (10 or 11 digits, I believe - too lazy to look it up now, sorry).

I can reproduce "another simple test", and this is exactly intended behaviour!

If you dial out via a dialling rule, you will always specify a "dial via". If only "Festnetz" is specified, it will use the MSN given under Telefonie/ISDN-Endgeräte/Hauptrufnummer.

I do agree that it just might be nice to have the option of specifying "dial via... Festnetz using the MSN given by the ISDN phone", but that brings up another zillion difficulties within the firmware. You might want to suggest it to the beta test team, though.

@Moonbase:

Thank you very much! You're very knowledgable about Fritz!, and you're willing to share the knowledge in English! :) Anyway, something is definitely wrong with my MSN setup, since Fritz! does not honor Hauptrufnummer and all outgoing calls performed by ISDN phones dial out using my default MSN (the carrier). Analogue phones connected to FON 1, 2 and 3 transmit correct (non-default) MSN when calling out via fixed line. Strange, but not a big deal.

Anyway, I'm back to .01 firmware, this time I'm testing ds-mod since I want my Fritz! to call me back. The SIP dialing problem is not present here, although the ISDN MSNs behave the same way like in .03 beta builds.

Hi sskracic,
Moonbase is not the only one :)
I suppose, you did not set any outgoing MSN into your ISDN phones. If you are dialing via fixed line, the FBF simple passes the dial command from your phone to your carrier. If there is no outgoing MSN in this command, the carrier adds your default. So, just set your ISDN phone to use the desired MSN and have a look.

ISDN and analogue ports are handled somewhat different inside the FBF, as the ISDN control sequences allow the phones to select the outgoing number, but analogue lines obviously don't.

Ghostwalker schrieb:
Moonbase is not the only one :)

That is so true... and I'm very happy about it!

And sharing knowledge
  • helps making better teams and better products
  • generates more knowledge, for the best of all of us

Here on this board are a lot of very knowledgeable people that freely share and help each other. Thank you all.

-Just one minor thing (sometimes overlooked): You did not enter your MSN (in Fritz and/or the phone) as 021123456 but instead as 123456 only?! (Example, assuming you live in Split)

BETA 3306-Bug Sip-Uri-Dial

Hi, my Fritzbox 7050 has the same Bug with the SIP-URIs as described above. It's not possible to dial sip-uris via **7xx like "[email protected]" when saved in the phone book. It works if i choose an outgoing msn für voip-calls.

FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7050 (UI), Firmware-Version 14.04.03-3306

Works in 3452 beta build

The bug seems to be fixed in 14.04.03-3452 beta, which I'm testing right now.

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
realbluethunder
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.