mount rootfs to /boot

johnbock

Mitglied
Mitglied seit
2 Mrz 2008
Beiträge
310
Punkte für Reaktionen
0
Punkte
0
Does anyone know how I can mount root to /boot instead of / directly at boot-time. Is there perhaps a kernel parameter? And can busybox and cohorts work with that?
 
I think this is done in init/do_mounts.c (do_mount_root). But I don't know if you can change this behaviour with parameters.
Perhaps you can change this in prepare_namspace (last lines)? Hm,this is only for initrd?

Greets Oliver
 
You always need a root directory and root filesystem.

Do you want to mount the flash ROM to /boot ? Then you need some other root filesystem that contains the directory /boot as a mount point. As the kernel only mounts the root filesystem, you would need userspace programs to do this, therefor the root filesystem must contain these programs, and therefor also be in the ROM.

Maybe you can tell us, what you want to achieve with that.
 
Kostenlos!

Statistik des Forums

Themen
248,917
Beiträge
2,305,038
Mitglieder
378,638
Neuestes Mitglied
Patrick89