[Frage] Obtain "fake recovery tool"

frater

Mitglied
Punkte für Reaktionen
@PeterPawn
In the thread eva_tools you speak of a "fake AVM recovery tool". Is that hypothetically or does such a tool exist or can I make one?

Because International versions have always been lagging compared to the German version, I never had enough incentive to try out 7.x nor the newer 75xx boxes. Quite often these newer versions turned out to have stability issues caused by translations. It also happened on original AVM-firmwares.
Mainly for that, I'm still on 6.84
Now I want start with 5xx boxes I can't use this method anymore.

To flash 6.84 on a factory-fresh 7490 I downgrade it to version 6.30 first with FRITZ.Box_7490.en-de-es-it-fr-pl.06.30.recover-image.exe and then go through the initial setup and then flash it with AVM's firmware upgrade.
I even did this a few times remotely using an RDP-session.

I know for a few years that this cumbersome procedure has been improved, but I never took the time to investigate it. That's a bit of a shame, because I'm sure it's much faster.
Today I quickly went through that thread and tried the EVA-Discover.ps1 script.
It didn't detect the power-cycled box however. I then decided to Ctrl-C it and subsequent issuing of the script complained about an already opened socket.

Code:
PS C:\Users\user\YourFritz-master\eva_tools> .\EVA-Discover.ps1 -maxWait 120 -Debug -Verbose
VERBOSE: Error creating UDP listener instance
Exception calling ".ctor" with "1" argument(s): "Elk socketadres (protocol/netwerkadres/poort) kan normaal slechts één keer worden gebruikt"
False

I don't know if I will be able to get this working....

But still, I would like to hear more about a "fake recovery tool"

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
You'd better be more precise, which part of my text was translated to a "fake recovery tools".

AFAIR, I used the german term "ein falsches Recovery-Programm" - that's better translated to "wrong recovery program (for the present FRITZ!Box model)" and with this translation you will realize, that you can use almost every of AVM's original recovery programs ... with one exception: Never use the correct version for this model.

If that's not the point, show me the german sentence please, that you understood as talking about a faked program.

ich zähle mal ein paar auf, bevor ich mich den Skript-Dateien im YourFritz-Repository für diesen Zweck widme:

• ein "falsches" Recovery-Programm von AVM (gibt es nur für Windows) ... dieses setzt seinerseits eine zum Netzwerk-Interface des Windows-Systems passende IP-Adresse für die Box und hält sie zugleich im richtigen Modus fest, wenn es bei der Kommunikation mit der Box feststellt, daß diese das falsche Modell ist - das ist gerade für "Anfänger" eine nahezu narrensichere Variante, solange da keine "Security-Suite" (aka "Schlangenöl") auf dem Windows-System wieder für zusätzliche Probleme sorgt

--

Am I getting it right now is that you're writing there to use an official AVM-recovery tool for the Fritzbox, but that I should not use the one that's made for that Box, but that I deliberately have to use one for another version.

By doing this the AVM-tool will abort the flashing, but will leave the box open in "flash mode" ??

Then you need to manually send the image to the box which is done with FTP

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
Yes ... that's the difference between "wrong" and "faked" and that's the reason, why "falsches" was set into (double) quotes.

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
realbluethunder
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.