.titleBar { margin-bottom: 5px!important; }

Operations Requirements??

Dieses Thema im Forum "FRITZ!Box Fon: Telefonie" wurde erstellt von inshadow, 17 März 2005.

1. inshadow

inshadow Neuer User

Punkte für Erfolge:
    I'm sorry but ich spreche nicht deutsch.
    Hope someone will answer anyway.

I have seen in the manual of the FRITZ!Box Fon that one of the Operations Requirements for the box is an ISDN or analog telephone line.

Does this mean, that if I have no telephone line, but only a ADSL connection, I will not be able to use this product?

I'm interested in using it as an broadband ADSL router and for VOIP over the internet. But will not have an ordinary telephoneline.

Another question, - does this product support PPPoA?

Best Regards
    And thanks in advance
    Stig N. Færch

2. RoZis

RoZis Neuer User

Punkte für Erfolge:
    You don t need an telefon line on Fritz!box, but in Germany you can t get DSL without analog or isdn telefon line. Maybe Fritz!box will only work with german DSL, I don´t no...?

Sorry for my bad english ;-)

3. olistudent

olistudent IPPF-Urgestein

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Beruf:
    Softwareentwickler
    Hi.
    Here is a screenshot of the FritzBox Webinterface...
    These are the ATM-Parameters you can select.

MfG Oliver

Anhänge:

4. haveaniceday

haveaniceday Aktives Mitglied

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Hi inshadow.

There are two kind of boxes. One kind is supporting ANNEX A and one is able to manage ANNEX B ( common in germany )
    Annex A is used together with an analog land line and Annex B has a frequency range
    for ISDN. In Germany the telco companies use regular also Annex B with an analog land line.

The Annex A hardware can not be used in an Annex B environment !

An Annex B box might be used ( modified) to work on Annex A-line. But this might give trouble in rare circumstances.
    ( Looong line => no connection, on pour quality line => might be less speed connection. )

You might check the Annex in advance.

There is als a "Fritz Box ATA" ( ATA=> Analog Telephone Adapter ) which is able
    to run behind another DSL-modem/router. This might be also a solution for your requirements.

Haveaniceday