Patches to the original firmware, enum, international, audio codecs...

zooster

Mitglied
Punkte für Reaktionen
I've taken a look at this site https://www.the-construct.com/traymessage/index.php?page=costum&lang=en
Here I can choose several things, but I have some question (still?? you would say.. hehe sorry :) )
1) Can I over-patch my 7050 already patched to annex A?
2) What difference if I select ENUM?(maybe I haven't got the use of this service)
3)Can I go ahead to set enable international settings?
4)I see that it's possible to select english language, but what does it affect, the whole web interface or what?
5)Is it better to change the order of audio codecs? What pros, and contras?(but hey, where is G711u/a??, isn't it the "best"?)
Thx again :D

1) Yes. The Annex A patch is done once and will last forever until you patch it back to annex b.
Most of the other patches (international, enum, wds,...) are written into a file on the box called debug.cfg, which is a batch-file that is executed every time the box is started or restarted.
2) you can select it if you want to
To decide whether you want it you should read this for example:
http://www.enum.org/information/faq.cfm
3) yes you can (I read the other thread and it will work to set 0039 as default)
4) "english" and "german" only affects the callmessage script. You don't need it if you don't know what it is. ;-)
5) PCMA/PCMU is G.711a/u and yes, it's the "best". The box's default order is "PCMA, PCMU, G.726-32". You shouldn't change it unless you have a low bandwidth connection.

To put it in a nutshell: Just select those options you really need!

Edit:
As I said, most of the patches are stored in "debug.cfg". To get rid of the patches you can check "clear 'debug.cfg'" (nothing else) at the end of the page an create the pseudo update. If you put that "update" onto the box, the debug.cfg will be cleared and all the patches are gone.

So you see that the checkboxes in the left column can only be selected alternatively. Either you select "normal image" with some or all of the offered patches or "enable downgrade" (which enables you to downgrade to an older firmware) or "clear 'debug.cfg'".

Can you tell me what these option are gonna enable?:
append to existing 'debug.cfg'
telnet
WDS

"telnet" enables telnet access to the box. The box's operating system is a small linux-based system called "busybox". you can log on to the box via telnet and change some things like the codec order or the annex setting without using the pseudo update images. But be careful if you use it!

With the WDS-patch the menu item "Repeater" becomes visible. The "Wireless Dirstribution System" enables you to interconnect two or more access points to extend a wireless network.

Edit:
I forgot "append to existing 'debug.cfg'":
As I said, the debug.cfg config works like a "autoexec.bat" and is executed every time the box starts. This file does not exist by default but it is ideal to start some patches for the box.

So the first time you create a pseudo update image it doesn't metter if you select "append" or not. But if you already patched your box you have to decide whether to append that patch to the existing one or not.

For example: With the first patch you selected the international settings and nothing else. You can create another patch file, select "WDS" or whatever you want and append that patch to the existing debug.cfg. Result: Both patches are on your box.

If you leave "append" unchecked the debug.cfg will be overwritten and only contains the second patch(es).

Thanks for the great explanation :D

DM41 schrieb:
But be careful if you use it!
You mean if I use the telnet or if I enable it?

zooster schrieb:
Thanks for the great explanation :D
Non c´è di che. ;-)

You mean if I use the telnet or if I enable it?
Enabling telnet is not dangerous.

But you should be careful when you are logged on to the box unless you know what you are doing.
:lamer:

DM41 schrieb:
Non c´è di che. ;-)

Enabling telnet is not dangerous.

But you should be careful when you are logged on to the box unless you know what you are doing.
:lamer:
Hehe, parli italiano?? :p
The last thing, I promise (in this thread...;) )
If I enable ENUM, since I dunno yet if Im gonna use it or not(I'd prefer to do not append patches many times though), is it gonna change anything inside the box? Or only some menu added, and for the rest it's still the same?

zooster schrieb:
Hehe, parli italiano?? :p
Only one sentence. ;-)

ENUM, WDS and international phone settings are already in the box by default, but the menu items are hidden because it's not tested 100 %. That's why AVM did not enable these settings yet.

The update images patch the web pages of the box to make the menu items visible.

If you enable ENUM you will see a new checkbox in the menu "Telefonie / Internettelefonie / Erweiterte Einstellungen" where you can switch ENUM on and off.

Ok, now everything works, grazie.
Everythng beside the high ping :( I'm forced to use this nice box behind a dsl router since I'm a gamer too...

I've read about your problem in the other thread.

I've got a ping of 18-20 ms with the box. No matter if it's configured as DSL modem and router or just as a router behind another modem.

So I think the high ping is caused by the use of annex A or by your provider.

I've done that try on the same ip, on the same line, and same pc. Trying quickly first with fritzboz, and after 1 min with alcatel...
I dotn get why the ping is higer with box.. bohh.
Who did make the patch?? Can the author help me??

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.