SOLVED: FritzBox 7270 Configure DSL with empty Account information

murkle

Neuer User
Mitglied seit
15 Jul 2007
Beiträge
29
Punkte für Reaktionen
0
Punkte
0
[..sorry for question being in english..]

Hi I have a problem configuring my FritzBox 7270 international edition for O2 broadband in the UK.

The FritzBox wizard cannot accept an empty username and password for the Internal Account information fields, the problem is that O2 does not use a username and password on their DSL accounts.

I tried entering a ' ' (space) as the username, and while the wizard accepted this, the box immediately restarted and now the UI is not visible at http://fritz.box even though the box is handing out IP addresses for DHCP clients. I suppose the next thing to do is reset to factory defaults and try and use the manual internal settings page instead, however it could be that it requires input to the username and password fields too.
 
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
pls check this maybe it helps you.
broken link -> PDF attached.
 

Anhänge

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hi,

@Ecki, was sollte das denn? :rolleyes:

@murkle, click at the logon-screen the forget-Button, then do the factory reset.

BtW, the right Forum-Area is imho the O2-Part. If you are able to read/understand German you will find the right way to register the account-data from O2 in the box as well. ;)
 
verlinkte o2-Help-Seite als PDF attached.
 
Hi everyone

thanks for the links, I hadn't noticed there was an O2 sub forum. Well anyway I performed a factory reset and discovered that the advanced options allow empty account information so I'm now up and running! Must have been a bug in the wizard code.

thanks again
 
OK, mission completed.
 
@murkle, Welcome! ;)

PS: Please turn the Thread to [solved], how to => 1.Post/Ändern/Erweitert/fill in the Titel...
 
Kostenlos!

Statistik des Forums

Themen
248,922
Beiträge
2,305,225
Mitglieder
378,646
Neuestes Mitglied
atrora