Suggestions for cordless and 7050?

zooster

Mitglied
Punkte für Reaktionen
I want to buy a cordless but I'm not sure what model... Maybe some model is better, maybe cause it's able to display a name and not only a number(but does the 7050 send a name, date and time with CLIP?!).
What do you suggest to me?:)

Hi zooster,

you can use any cordless phone you want with your 7050. I would suggest one that is at least CLIP-capable and can therefore display the number of the calling party. If you choose an ISDN cordless, it may even display the full sip address a call is coming from, but for this I'm not sure as I don't have ISDN.

Hmmm, I have an analog line, but if I put an ISDN cordless in S0 will it work if my line is analog? Shouldn't the box deliver the call anyway to S0, whatever is the incoming line??

Yes, an ISDN phone will work on the internal S0 of any FBF 5050/7050/7170, regardless of the incoming line. These FBFs do have there own NTBA built in.

Ok, may you tell me how to connect 2 isdn phones on the same S0? The port is only one, is it supposed to use any adapter?

You can use any S0 adapters you like :) Just remember, don't connect more than 8 phones (incl. fax and answering machines) to it.

Thx, may you suggest to me an isdn cordless that shows also the sip address?

I would suggest one, but I don't know any. I do not have ISDN and therefore did not look for such a phone.

Hey, do you have an idea about this problem?

Hey, do you have an idea about this problem?
your problem could be a 1000 things.

Some things to check.

Your account is showing as registered on the FBF.
You do not have the softphone with the same account open. if you do then your call would have two choices of where it could go.

To get everything operating properly for me I had two accounts for example with sipgate. i put one account on the FBF and the other on the softphone and tried calling myself to check all is going good.

I have similar problem...please!
I would like that my cordless DECT Doro540R connected to a Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7050 rings and I can talk when someone call me.. and I can dial from it. What should I do?

I have tried all week but I can get it to work...someone please help! The phone rings with the account registered on the FBF but the Dorophone does not ring or the FBF does not show the Internet light

The Fritz! is connected to another modem/router...

Follow these instructions and you should get pretty close. Do not skip a step and if you think you have already done it, check to see you have done it.

How to use VoIP with a Frizt!Box using the internet connection from a Router.
After you have connected to a local network LAN which is provided by a router which has itself produced the LAN your Fritz!Box will be able to make VoIP calls. This means that your Fritz!Box can make VoIP calls either behind a router or when it, itself is connected as a DSL modem and gets its own IP address from your ISP.

1. preparation and suitable firmware:
a) On your computer that is connected to the Fritz!Box call the webinterface of the box by typing http://fritz.box into your internet browser.
b) check on the “overview”/“Übersicht” page which firmware is installed
c) if you have a firmware version that is less than xx.03.85 then you need to update the firmware.
2. Fritz!Box Setup
a) Call the box again as per 1(a);
b) Then go to System in the menu and then to “Expert Mode”/”Ansicht. Tick the box there and click “Apply”/”Übernehmen”;
c) Then in the menu go to “Internet” and “Account Information”/”Zugansdaten” and activate the option “Internet Connection Via Lan”/”Internetzugang über LAN A” and “Share existing Internet connection in the network (IP Client)”/”Vorhandene Internetverbindung im Netzwerk mitbenutzen (IP-Client)”
d) If your router has a DHCP server and you have not given your Fritz!Box a static IP address then activate the option “Obtain the IP address automatically (DHCP)”/”IP-Adresse automatisch über DHCP beziehen”.
If your router does not have a DHCP server or you have given your Fritz!Box a fixed IP address then deactivate the “Obtain the IP address automatically (DHCP)”/”IP-Adresse automatisch über DHCP beziehen”. You will then have to enter the details of your network into the fields for IP address, Network address etc. You should make sure you not that IP address you give your Box as this is how you will contact your box’s webpages later later.
e) You should also enter the upstream and downstream speed of your internet connection;
f) Then click on “Apply”/”Übernehmen”
3. Connecting the Box to the network
a) Connect your box with the LAN A (LAN for people that do not have a 7050) with the red cord to the router in your network. If by chance you are applying this to a FritzBox fon Wlan then at this stage you will now be only able to contact the webpages of your box with Wlan or with the USB port. If you are reading this and forgot to do this. You may have to refer to the trouble shooting section of your manual. To reach the box now you may have to connect your computer to the Lan port, and give your computer the fixed address of 192.178.168.150. Then you will be able to find the box by entering 192.178.168.254 into your webbrowser.
4. Calling the boxes webpages
a) You can now not get to the webpages of the box with http://fritz.box.
b) If you have used the Obtain the IP address automatically (DHCP) then you will have to type into your internet browser the IP address that your router has given the box. This you will find out in the router.
c) If you did not activate the Obtain the IP address automatically (DHCP) then you now enter in the internet browser your fixed IP address.

I cannot call over the internet with an analogue telephone. Please help.

The box can make VoIP calls even when it is behind a router and is not itself getting an IP from your ISP, but gets a network IP address from your Router.

Here are a number of steps. After every step check to see if you can telephone over the internet. If you cannot then go on to the next step.

1. Check if the Analogue telephone has a dial ton.
a) Disconnect all devices from the analogue sockets of the Box, and the connect just one analogue telephone to the number one socket. Do not connect a telephone system, just one simple telephone.
b) Pick the telephone up and check to see if you get a dial tone or even an engaged ton.
c) If you get a tone then go onto step 2. If you do not get a tone put the box on your desk on top of some papers and open all the windows. You have a paper weight.
2. Setting up the internet settings of the box;
a) With a computer that is connected to your box call the web pages of the box with http://fritz.box.
b) check on the “overview”/“Übersicht” page which firmware is installed
c) if you have a firmware version that is less than xx.03.85 then you need to update the firmware.
d) After an update go to System in the menu and then to “Expert Mode”/”Ansicht. Tick the box there and click “Apply”/”Übernehmen”;
e) In the menu go to “Internet” and then to “Account Information”/”Zugansdaten” and activate “Internet Connection Via Lan”/”Internetzugang über LAN A”
f) Choose “Share existing Internet connection in the network (IP Client)”/”Vorhandene Internetverbindung im Netzwerk mitbenutzen (IP-Client)”
g) If your router has a DHCP server and you have not given your Fritz!Box a static IP address then activate the option “Obtain the IP address automatically (DHCP)”/”IP-Adresse automatisch über DHCP beziehen”.
If your router does not have a DHCP server or you have given your Fritz!Box a fixed IP address then deactivate the “Obtain the IP address automatically (DHCP)”/”IP-Adresse automatisch über DHCP beziehen”. You will then have to enter the details of your network into the fields for IP address, Network address etc. You should make sure you not that IP address you give your Box as this is how you will contact your box’s webpages later later.
h) You should also enter the upstream and downstream speed of your internet connection (I believe that the box will use this information for its selection of a voice codec. If you do not understand what I am talking about then just enter here a speed LESS than what you think your internet speed is;
i) Then click on “Apply”/”Übernehmen”
j) Connect your box with the LAN A (LAN for people that do not have a 7050) with the red cord to the router in your network. If by chance you are applying this to a FritzBox fon Wlan then at this stage you will now be only able to contact the webpages of your box with Wlan or with the USB port. If you are reading this and forgot to do this. You may have to refer to the trouble shooting section of your manual. To reach the box now you may have to connect your computer to the Lan port, and give your computer the fixed address of 192.178.168.150. Then you will be able to find the box by entering 192.178.168.254 into your web browser.
k) Now find the web address of your box. It will now either be the fixed web address you gave it or it will be the address that your router has given it.
3. Checking the Internet telephone settings
a) In the menu go to “telephony”/”telefonie” and then “Internet Telephony”/ “Internet Telefonie” and then click on the button which looks like a wand or the one next to the cross.
b) Choose in the drop down list the “Internettelefonie-Anbieter” ( if your box speaks English then this will not apply to you. For a german box most likely you will choose “Anderer Anbieter” and check to see if a STUN server is listed there. (a stun server entry is not possible with a Fritzbox Wlan in enlgish)
c) Only for 7050 if a STUN server has not been entered then enter your “Internet Number”/ “Internet Nummer”, “User Name”/”Benutzernamen”, your “Password”/”Passwort” the “Registrar” and the Stun server. You will get all this information from you VoIP provider.
d) Then click on “Apply”/”Übernehmen”
e) If you have a 7050 then you can click on “Advanced Settings”/”Erweiterte Einstellung” and you can activate the option “Portweiterleitung des Internet-Routers für Internettelefonie aktiv halten” If you do NOT have the 7050 you will not have this option.
f) Then choose a suitable interval. Choose 5min when you have no idea how long your router in the network will hold a port open for your box and VoIP.
g) Then click on “Apply”/”Übernehmen”

Edit: This is mostly a translation of things I have read.

Also I have now read your other posts. You need to check what pins are used for the telephone connection in Finland compared to Germany. If the same pins are not used then of course you phone will not work.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
darbid schrieb:
Follow these instructions and you should get pretty close. Do not skip a step and if you think you have already done it, check to see you have done it.

I do have all these correctly...when i called the registered account now, the light on the Internet phone comes up but the cordless phone does not ring... cant the phone be bad? It is a brand new Dect phone...

pls let me know what is wrong...

@bjluv:

So what??
The phone rings with the account registered on the FBF but the Dorophone does not ring
What phone is ringing?
How did You connect the phone(s) to the FritzBox?
Are You talking about VoIP or leased line problems??

Joe

bjluv schrieb:
I do have all these correctly...when i called the registered account now, the light on the Internet phone comes up but the cordless phone does not ring... cant the phone be bad? It is a brand new Dect phone...

pls let me know what is wrong...

You did that too quick I do not believe you. Do you really have a dial tone? At what step in the second part did you get up to before it failed?
Are you sure your VoIP provider is working properly?

Please explain exactly what you mean by "when i called the registered account"

what light on the internet phone? What internet phone are you using?

Who is your VoIP provider?

@joe_57

I dialed my internt number (VOIP) from a softphone and my mobile phone and i can hear it ringing but the cordless phone connected to FBF does not ring. I am talking about VOIP now.. the cordless DECT is connected to Fon1 behind the FBF

@darbid
yeah i did it already and i re-do it since I already know the steps...and i followed carefully. From the DECT cordless phone, I dont have a tone. Just bought it this week and i have been trying to use it with no success and i believe all cordless phone should work. My VOIP provider is working because I can dial from softphone (X-ten)

From the overview on fritz.box, the internet VOIP account is showed as registered that is what I meant by registered. I mean the light on the FBF when a call is coming in on the VOIP number. I have FBF WLAN 7050 and Doro540R Dect/Cordless phone.

I am just planning to use this for VOIP calls...i dont have any normal landlines...just VOIP calls.

Voip providers are Voipbuster, Voipstunt, Voicestick, Mywebcalls, Ipkall, Freedigits...

thnx for ur help!

bjluv schrieb:
From the DECT cordless phone, I dont have a tone.!
If you do not have a tone please see what I wrote in red. I would be guessing that the wires in the cord of dect phones for Finland might be different to Germany. I know this problem exists for other countries but I was not sure if it existed in the EC.

bjluv schrieb:
From the overview on fritz.box, the internet VOIP account is showed as registered that is what I meant by registered. I mean the light on the FBF when a call is coming in on the VOIP number. I have FBF WLAN 7050 and Doro540R Dect/Cordless phone.thnx for ur help!

So when you call your fritzbox from the softphone, after you finish the call, can you see the missed call in your missed calls list in the fritzbox?

darbid schrieb:
If you do not have a tone please see what I wrote in red. I would be guessing that the wires in the cord of dect phones for Finland might be different to Germany. I know this problem exists for other countries but I was not sure if it existed in the EC.

I called AVM b4 I bought the FBF and I was told the FBF WLAN 7050 Annex A would work fine here with any phone... I have an adapter connected to my cordless toward the FBF since the plug of the DECT phone is wider than the Fon1 behind the FBF

darbid schrieb:
So when you call your fritzbox from the softphone, after you finish the call, can you see the missed call in your missed calls list in the fritzbox?

yeah i can see that...
plus all the other calls i have made today while testing it.

If You can hear a dialtone after picking up Your DECT phone (and place calls), there should be a mistake in the FritzBox setup.
Your PHONE1 is not set up to answer "all incomming calls". :noidea:

Give us a Signature please.

Joe_57 schrieb:
If You can hear a dialtone after picking up Your DECT phone (and place calls), there should be a mistake in the FritzBox setup.
Your PHONE1 is not set up to answer "all incomming calls". :noidea:

Give us a Signature please.

I can't hear a dialtone after picking up the DECT phone :(

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.