SX541 file server

Asxetos

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
I have a usb hard drive attached on the SX541's usb port. Working OK.
I can access the files inside it with no problem from the local network.
Does someone know if the files in the disk can be somehow accessed over the internet?

Thanks...

Hi Asxetos,

normally you should just open the following ports for NetBIOS/SMB-Connections:
135/TCP
137/UDP
138/UDP
139/TCP
445/TCP

This should be all ports which are necessary to do filesharing via smb.

Greetings,

Rob

Thank you Rob...

I will try it.

With the 135/TCP I'm not very sure - it is the endpoint mapper of MS (epmap). It's comparable to the 111 Portmapper of Unix concerning its functionality and it's involved in (almost) every application that sets RPC-calls (Outlook ...). So I think it also should be involved in SMB calls.

Rob

Asxetos,

nomiso oti ftani 135 mechri 139 TCT/UDP, mipos kai 53 TCP/UDP

then eine kalo na anigis perisotero.

Jassu

Klaus

Hello Asxetos,

seems not so very easy to realize to me. The ports are the ports I posted above (135/TCP, 137-138/UDP, 139/TCP and 445/TCP), but it seems to me that the SX541 doesn't bind the exported filesystem to that ports.
Even with an opened firewall, it is not possible to connect, although in a port scan they are marked "open". I think a solution could be a "Host"-setup for the SX541 (like Jockyw did it for testing it behind a router) which means a use as is (without the features which you would like to use - router, WLAN ...)

If you have any news about that, just post it here, but I think, the developers simply didn't have the requirement to also make resources available via Internet at the moment. This might change.

Rob

Zurzeit aktive Besucher

Neueste Beiträge

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
#Kuddel#
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.