The telephone rings delayed if hte incoming call is from fixed line!

zooster

Mitglied
Punkte für Reaktionen
Is it possible to fix this delay?

No, you cant realy fix it. One posibility is to deactivate the SMS Function on your telephone (if available).

Hi zooster,
it won't be really possible to fix that delay. Here's a short explanation why it occurs:
The FBF detects an incoming call on the analogue(!) fixed line. It then waits for the CLIP signal (it's carrying the caller's number), which is transmitted between first and second ringing signal. After the FBF got the second signal, it starts its own routines and delivers the call to the appropriate FON devices. You already have a delay of two ringing signals. Several of the modern phones do the same (detect signal, wait for CLIP, detect second signal, play the ringtone). So in the worst you may have up to four signals delay. With ISDN, you won't have that problem - the caller's number is transmitted somewhat before the first ringing signal.

Thanks for the explanation, but why it is so necessary to wait for the CLIP to make the phone ringing?? Bah...

Design decision of AVM and your phone manufacturers :-(

Some month ago i also had up to four "rings", before the fritzbox forwarded the ringing to the attached phones.

While having an old "emergency" corded phone before the Fritzbox (with an AMS1/2 electronic line switch), i can easily hear the ringing delay between the "emergency phone" and the corldess phone attached to the Fritzbox...

After doing a software update to version 0.88 (some weeks ago) and disabling the CLIP-forwarding in the webinterface => property menue of Fon1 to Fon3, i have less than 1 to 2 "rings" delay. I suspect that the digital DECT-phone connected to FON1 is responsible for about half a "ring", so the Fritzbox delay ist about one "ring", which in my opinion is acceptable.

K

Knuffi schrieb:
Some month ago i also had up to four "rings", before the fritzbox forwarded the ringing to the attached phones.

While having an old "emergency" corded phone before the Fritzbox (with an AMS1/2 electronic line switch), i can easily hear the ringing delay between the "emergency phone" and the corldess phone attached to the Fritzbox...

After doing a software update to version 0.88 (some weeks ago) and disabling the CLIP-forwarding in the webinterface => property menue of Fon1 to Fon3, i have less than 1 to 2 "rings" delay. I suspect that the digital DECT-phone connected to FON1 is responsible for about half a "ring", so the Fritzbox delay ist about one "ring", which in my opinion is acceptable.

K
Can I disable CLIP for incoming calls of fixed line only?? And leave it on for every other voip incoming call?

No, I'm afraid not. This is a setting for each internal FON port, not for the external lines.

Hi Zooster,

do you still have the problem of delayed ringing?

Yes I do :(

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.