Freetz 1.1.3 on FB7240: nfsd + dropbear problems

umpalumpa7

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hi everyone. I'm a new Freetz user and have successfuly set up Freetz including samba, ext3 and some useful debug suff (pciutils, usbutils...). So far everything works nicely and I'm very happy with it. But there are two last packages that I'd really would love to install but cannot figure out how.

The first one is nfsd: I have selected the nfsd+webcfg package and made sure all required options including "replace kernel" are selected, even if some other thread here states that wouldn't be needed. Anyways, after flashing I have the webconfig for nfs and I can also start rc.nfsd manually with success. 'ps' tells me that nfsd, portmap etc are running. My /etc/exports (for testing) looks like this:
Code:
/var *(rw,async,no_subtree_check,no_root_squash,insecure,anonuid=0,anongid=0,fsid=0)
I have also tried playing around with the arguments removing quite everything one by one.
My /etc/hosts.allow and hosts.deny are both empty.
Still, when I try to mount the share I just get a connection timeout. There is no output written to syslog.
Here you can find my .config: http://pastebin.org/994519

The next problem is ssh: I can install dropbear and log into it successfully. However, everytime I install an image containing dropbear, I cannot reach the official webinterface any more. I already have tried checking the options to statically link ssl libs but that doesn't help either. I must admit I haven't tried the "replace kernel" option for ssh yet, but I doubt ssh would require any in-kernel stuff. Any hints what I did forget?

Any help would be appreciated and thanks for that great project. I really like the way of installing custom stuff along with the original firmware.
/Michael

EDIT: Oooops, I obviously meant Freetz 1.1.3.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
Sometimes it helps to attach the .config. Now I have to ask my oracle and it says that you selected sftp support for dropbear. Do you realy need it?

Please attach an USB device to your box and share this one. I remember that ramfs and sqaushfs are not exportable over NFS.

Regards
Oliver

Sometimes it helps to attach the .config. Now I have to ask my oracle and it says that you selected sftp support for dropbear. Do you realy need it?
Your oracle works :) Well, I do not _really_ need sftp. But as a KDE user, I got used to just open config files on remote devices using kate directly over sftp://. Anyways, IIRC it should work also without sftp support using fish:// I'll try that and report back. I have really thought about anything, but couldn't immagine that sftp support could break the web interface.

Please attach an USB device to your box and share this one. I remember that ramfs and sqaushfs are not exportable over NFS.
Oh... sorry, I've forgot to mention. I have an ext3 formatted USB disk attached (and shared successfully via samba) mounted to the default location /var/media/ftp/uStor01. In the beginning I had exported the full path. Because that didn't work I shortened the exported url to prevent any typos. I will try again just exporting the disk.

Thanks a lot!

OK. dropbear doesn't kill the webinterface any more after disabling sftp. Accessing files using fish:// doesn't work reliable though. But thats not a big deal.

nfs however, still doesn't work. My /etc/exports includes the whole path again but I still do not get any response to mount requests (connection timed out). Any other ideas?

dropbear: Please read the FAQ. openssl and ctlmgr crash are good words to search for

nfs: Can you please provide the ouput of ps and lsmod when nfs is up and running

Regards
Oliver

Here you go:
Code:
/var/mod/root # ps                                                                                                                                                               
  PID USER       VSZ STAT COMMAND                                                                                                                                                
    1 root      1164 S    init                                                                                                                                                   
    2 root         0 SWN  [ksoftirqd/0]                                                                                                                                          
    3 root         0 SW   [watchdog/0]                                                                                                                                           
    4 root         0 SW<  [events/0]                                                                                                                                             
    5 root         0 SW<  [khelper]                                                                                                                                              
    6 root         0 SW<  [kthread]                                                                                                                                              
   17 root         0 SW<  [kblockd/0]                                                                                                                                            
   31 root         0 SW   [pdflush]                                                                                                                                              
   32 root         0 SW   [pdflush]                                                                                                                                              
   33 root         0 SW<  [kswapd0]                                                                                                                                              
   34 root         0 SW<  [aio/0]                                                                                                                                                
   70 root         0 SW   [pm_info]                                                                                                                                              
   74 root         0 SW<  [CPMAC]                                                                                                                                                
   78 root         0 SW   [mtdblockd]                                                                                                                                            
  100 root         0 SW   [tffsd_mtd_0]                                                                                                                                          
  310 root         0 SW   [cleanup_timer_f]                                                                                                                                      
  322 root         0 SW   [dectuart_route]                                                                                                                                       
  330 root         0 SWN  [jffs2_gcd_mtd5]                                                                                                                                       
  378 root         0 SW<  [capi_oslib]                                                                                                                                           
  379 root         0 SW<  [capi_oslib]                                                                                                                                           
  380 root         0 SW   [capitransp]                                                                                                                                           
  386 root         0 SW   [glob_codecs]                                                                                                                                          
  390 root         0 SW<  [avm_dect_thread]                                                                                                                                      
  392 root         0 SW   [ksock tcp worke]                                                                                                                                      
  393 root         0 SW   [ksock tcp serve]                                                                                                                                      
  409 root         0 SW<  [khubd]                                                                                                                                                
  517 root         0 SW<  [scsi_eh_0]                                                                                                                                            
  518 root         0 SW<  [usb-storage]                                                                                                                                          
  580 root      9764 S N  /usr/bin/avm/ctlmgr                                                                                                                                    
  976 root      9764 S N  /usr/bin/avm/ctlmgr                                                                                                                                    
  978 root      9764 R N  /usr/bin/avm/ctlmgr                                                                                                                                    
  991 root      9764 S N  /usr/bin/avm/ctlmgr                                                                                                                                    
  995 root      9764 S N  /usr/bin/avm/ctlmgr                                                                                                                                    
 1021 root      9764 S N  /usr/bin/avm/ctlmgr                                                                                                                                    
 1023 root         0 SW<  [kjournald]                                                                                                                                            
 1150 root      4716 S N  mediasrv                                                                                                                                               
 1156 root      4716 S    mediasrv                                                                                                                                               
 1158 root      4716 S    mediasrv                                                                                                                                               
 1159 root      4716 S    mediasrv                                                                                                                                               
 1171 root      2820 S    hostapd -B /var/tmp/wlan_ath0_topology                                                                                                                 
 1213 root      4600 S    upnpd                                                                                                                                                  
 1235 root      3312 S    multid -t                                                                                                                                              
 1241 root      2560 S    usermand                                                                                                                                               
 1246 root      3692 S    dsld -i -n                                                                                                                                             
 1253 root      2916 S    /bin/configd                                                                                                                                           
 1258 root      5760 S    telefon a127.0.0.1                                                                                                                                     
 1262 root      4704 S <  voipd                                                                                                                                                  
 1267 root      2956 S    pbd                                                                                                                                                    
 1268 root      2956 S    pbd                                                                                                                                                    
 1274 root      1160 S    /usr/sbin/inetd                                                                                                                                        
 1277 root      2956 S    pbd                                                                                                                                                    
 1278 root      2956 S    pbd                                                                                                                                                    
 1281 root      5760 S    telefon a127.0.0.1                                                                                                                                     
 1282 root      5760 S    telefon a127.0.0.1                                                                                                                                     
 1283 root      5760 S    telefon a127.0.0.1                                                                                                                                     
 1284 root      3312 S    multid -t                                                                                                                                              
 1291 root      4008 S    dect_manager                                                                                                                                           
 1294 root         0 RWN  [kdsld_token]                                                                                                                                          
 1302 root       780 S    /bin/run_clock -c /dev/tffs -d                                                                                                                         
 1355 root      1160 S    httpd -P /var/run/webcfg.pid -p 81 -c /mod/etc/httpd.conf -h /usr/mww/ -r Freetz                                                                       
 1403 root      1160 S    dropbear -p 22                                                                                                                                         
 1439 root      4600 S    upnpd                                                                                                                                                  
 1440 root      4600 S    upnpd                                                                                                                                                  
 1441 root      4600 S    upnpd                                                                                                                                                  
 1464 root      1088 S    /sbin/chronyd -f /var/tmp/chrony.conf                                                                                                                  
 1491 root      2944 S N  smbd -D -s /mod/etc/smb.conf                                                                                                                           
 1493 root      2180 S    nmbd -D -s /mod/etc/smb.conf                                                                                                                           
 1496 root      1164 S    init                                                                                                                                                   
 1497 root      5760 S    telefon a127.0.0.1                                                                                                                                     
 1498 root      5760 S    telefon a127.0.0.1                                                                                                                                     
 1499 root      5760 S    telefon a127.0.0.1                                                                                                                                     
 1681 nobody     896 S    /usr/sbin/portmap                                                                                                                                      
 1684 root         0 SW   [lockd]                                                                                                                                                
 1685 root         0 SW<  [rpciod/0]                                                                                                                                             
 1686 root         0 SW   [nfsd]                                                                                                                                                 
 1688 root       992 S    /usr/sbin/mountd                                                                                                                                       
 1788 ftpuser   3248 R N  smbd -D -s /mod/etc/smb.conf                                                                                                                           
 1789 root      1220 S    dropbear -p 22                                                                                                                                         
 1790 root      1176 S    -sh                                                                                                                                                    
 1823 root      1160 R    ps

Code:
/var/mod/root # lsmod                                                                                                                                                            
Module                  Size  Used by    Tainted: P                                                                                                                              
nfsd                  107288  1                                                                                                                                                  
exportfs                4962  1 nfsd                                                                                                                                             
lockd                  72975  2 nfsd                                                                                                                                             
sunrpc                167300  2 nfsd,lockd                                                                                                                                       
rtc_sysfs               2704  0                                                                                                                                                  
rtc_proc                3847  0                                                                                                                                                  
rtc_dev                 5493  1                                                                                                                                                  
sch_sfq                 5619  4                                                                                                                                                  
sch_llq                 9102  1                                                                                                                                                  
sch_tbf                 5664  1                                                                                                                                                  
userman                33702  2                                                                                                                                                  
wlan_scan_ap            8481  1                                                                                                                                                  
wlan_acl                4090  1                                                                                                                                                  
wlan_wep                6114  0                                                                                                                                                  
wlan_tkip              12521  2                                                                                                                                                  
wlan_ccmp               8524  2                                                                                                                                                  
wlan_xauth              1182  0                                                                                                                                                  
ath_pci               152567  0                                                                                                                                                  
ath_rate_atheros       61891  1 ath_pci                                                                                                                                          
wlan                  229944  9 wlan_scan_ap,wlan_acl,wlan_wep,wlan_tkip,wlan_ccmp,wlan_xauth,ath_pci,ath_rate_atheros                                                           
ath_dfs                39236  2 ath_pci,wlan                                                                                                                                     
ath_hal               237540  4 ath_pci,ath_rate_atheros,ath_dfs                                                                                                                 
avm_ath_extensions     41518  4 ath_pci,ath_rate_atheros,wlan,ath_hal                                                                                                            
ext3                  131149  1                                                                                                                                                  
jbd                    62144  1 ext3                                                                                                                                             
ext2                   58569  0                                                                                                                                                  
mbcache                 7075  2 ext3,ext2                                                                                                                                        
vfat                   11303  0                                                                                                                                                  
fat                    53627  1 vfat                                                                                                                                             
nls_cp437               5368  0                                                                                                                                                  
nls_iso8859_1           3714  0                                                                                                                                                  
usb_storage            36413  1                                                                                                                                                  
sd_mod                 17441  2                                                                                                                                                  
scsi_mod               93945  2 usb_storage,sd_mod                                                                                                                               
kdsldmod              873597  7 userman                                                                                                                                          
musb_hdrc              36999  0                                                                                                                                                  
usbcore               125996  3 usb_storage,musb_hdrc                                                                                                                            
dect_io                21126  2                                                                                                                                                  
avm_dect              390881  1 dect_io                                                                                                                                          
capi_codec            142935  0                                                                                                                                                  
isdn_fbox_fon5        761750  0                                                                                                                                                  
pcmlink               262925  3 avm_dect,capi_codec,isdn_fbox_fon5                                                                                                               
rtc_avm                 6573  2 pcmlink                                                                                                                                          
rtc_core                7083  4 rtc_sysfs,rtc_proc,rtc_dev,rtc_avm                                                                                                               
rtc_lib                 2712  3 rtc_sysfs,rtc_avm,rtc_core                                                                                                                       
dsl_ur8               173781  2                                                                                                                                                  
jffs2                 115345  1                                                                                                                                                  
Piglet_noemif          36534  0                                                                                                                                                  
led_modul_Fritz_Box_7240    61301  7 ath_hal

As for dropbear: Are you talking about this FAQ? They do not containt either "ssl" or "ctlmgr". The only hint throughout the whole wiki I could find about this says "better desable all ssl stuff because it is known to cause troubles".

If I search google for "freetz ctlmgr openssl" all I get are two results, whereas one of those is this thread, and the other one says "he cannot reproduce the issue any more".

Hi alibo_de!

Your thread gave me the hint to find the solution. I was thinking about what could be the difference between your receiver and your SuSE Machine. It can be only the NFS version (v3/v4). I tried to mount the share with
Code:
mount -t nfs -o nfsvers=3 /var/media/ftp/uStor01 /mnt/testdir
and indeed it worked! Strange thing is, that usually the client detects such incompatibilies and falls back automatically to version 3. Not sure why freetz's nfs server doesn't answer anything when called by a nfs v4 client...

I'm running ArchLinux, but I'm pretty sure this will apply to SuSE (and most other distos) as well.

olistudent: I see... more FAQ's :D I'll try to remove the tr069 stuff... The warning in the make menuconfig help on tr069 about the infinite reboot loop applies only if the internet connection assistant is started autmatically at boot (e.g. new boxes), right?

Thanks a lot for your help guys!

Thank you for finding out the nfs version problem. I don't know how nfs should work in this case. But the Freetz NFS-Server is nfs3 only.

Regards
Oliver

Hi umpalumpa7,

that was the important hint really. Your solution works on my OpenSuse computer also.
I spend a long time for the solution of this problem also, but without success.

Thanks a lot for your help and best regards

Klaus

Zurzeit aktive Besucher

Neueste Beiträge

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
broekar
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.

IPPF im Überblick

Neueste Beiträge