Converting a German targeted Fritz!Box Fon Wlan to an International version

You should read some of the last pages of this thread (no need for reading all the old stuff except for the very first posting). There is some description for 7140.

Since a few weeks there is an english version of 7170 on the market. You could buy that. Because this box is new on the market there is no firmware image on ftp://ftp.avm.de yet. It could take some time until AVM publishes this image. Without that image or the english recover tool it is not possible to change a german 7170 to english web interface.

The english 7170 recover tool is already around but it won't allow you to convert a German box to English. There's work in progress, just be a little patient :)

I guess converting a 7140 from German to English would go, however converting from Annex B to Annex A? I think I don't 've seen anyone do it here?

As in Belgium ADSL comes over the phoneline, I need the Annex A if I want to use it as an ADSL modem.

You should use the "Thema durchsuchen" button in this thread. There are a lot of hits for 7140. The third or so stating success changing the annex.

Hmm I read all the thread the day before yesterday, I don't think you are right

Fritz box 7050

Hi everyone,

I am quite new at this and I read most of the discussions here. but I really want to be on the safe side.

I have a german fritzbox 7050 annex A. I do not care about the annex because I am on cable now. My issue is with the language...

Will the methos describe in the first post work for a 7050 FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7050, Firmware-Version 14.04.33?

I want to have a go at it, but.... as i said to be on the safe side...

Thanks in advance...

Error!!!!

Hi guys,

Its me again... While waiting for answers I decide to have a go... and I was stop in the first step...

when doing: echo "firmware_version avme" > /proc/avalanche/env

I got the error:
-sh: cannot create /proc/avalanche/env: Directory nonexistent

see log of my telnet windows below.

Thanks in advance to you guys, I have learn a lot already just by reading this topic...

PA

BusyBox v1.1.2 (2007.03.12-13:19+0000) Built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

HWRevision='76'
HWRevision_ATA='1'
HWRevision_BitFileCount=''
HWRevision_Reserved1='0'
ANNEX='B'
ANNEX_PTEST_FILE='ptest-results-0'
ANNEX_PTEST_HOST='192.168.178.20'
ANNEX_TEST='0'
OEM='avm'
OEM_DEFAULT_INDEX=''
OEM_tmp='avm'
Language='de'
Country='049'
TZ='CET-1CEST-2,M3.5.0/02:00:00,M10.5.0/03:00:00'
CONFIG_AB_COUNT='3'
CONFIG_ACCESSORY_URL='http://www.avm.de/fritzbox_apps.php?hardware=76&oem=avm&la
nguage=de&country=&version=14.04.33&subversion='
CONFIG_ANNEX='B'
CONFIG_ASSIST='y'
CONFIG_ATA='y'
CONFIG_ATA_FULL='n'
CONFIG_AUDIO='n'
CONFIG_AURA='n'
CONFIG_BLUETOOTH='n'
CONFIG_BLUETOOTH_CTP='n'
CONFIG_BUTTON='n'
CONFIG_CAPI='y'
CONFIG_CAPI_MIPS='n'
CONFIG_CAPI_NT='y'
CONFIG_CAPI_POTS='y'
CONFIG_CAPI_TE='y'
CONFIG_CAPI_UBIK='y'
CONFIG_CAPI_XILINX='n'
CONFIG_CDROM='n'
CONFIG_CDROM_FALLBACK='n'
CONFIG_DECT='n'
CONFIG_DSL='y'
CONFIG_ECO='n'
CONFIG_ENVIRONMENT='/var/env'
CONFIG_ENVIRONMENT_PATH='/proc/sys/urlader'
CONFIG_ETH_COUNT='2'
CONFIG_FIRMWARE_URL='http://www.avm.de/fritzbox-firmware-update.php?hardware=76&
oem=avm&language=de&country='
CONFIG_FON='y'
CONFIG_FONGUI2='y'
CONFIG_FONQUALITY='y'
CONFIG_HOMEI2C='n'
CONFIG_HOSTNAME='fritz.fonwlan.box'
CONFIG_I2C='n'
CONFIG_INSTALL_TYPE='ar7_ubik2_4MB_2eth_3ab_isdn_nt_te_pots_wlan_50494'
CONFIG_JFFS2='n'
CONFIG_KIDS='y'
CONFIG_LED_NO_DSL_LED='n'
CONFIG_MAILER='y'
CONFIG_MEDIACLI='n'
CONFIG_MEDIASRV='n'
CONFIG_NAND='n'
CONFIG_NFS='n'
CONFIG_OEM_DEFAULT='avm'
CONFIG_PRODUKT='Fritz_Box_7050'
CONFIG_PRODUKT_NAME='FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7050'
CONFIG_RAMSIZE='32'
CONFIG_RELEASE='1'
CONFIG_ROMSIZE='4'
CONFIG_SAMBA='n'
CONFIG_SERVICEPORTAL_URL='http://www.avm.de/fritzbox-service-portal.php?hardware
=76&oem=avm&language=de&country=&version=14.04.33&subversion='
CONFIG_STOREUSRCFG='y'
CONFIG_SUBVERSION=''
CONFIG_SWAP='n'
CONFIG_TAM='n'
CONFIG_TAM_MODE='0'
CONFIG_TR064='n'
CONFIG_TR069='n'
CONFIG_UBIK2='y'
CONFIG_UPNP='y'
CONFIG_USB='y'
CONFIG_USB_HOST_AVM='n'
CONFIG_USB_HOST_TI='n'
CONFIG_USB_PRINT_SERV='n'
CONFIG_USB_STORAGE='n'
CONFIG_USB_WLAN_AUTH='n'
CONFIG_VDSL='n'
CONFIG_VERSION='04.33'
CONFIG_VERSION_MAJOR='14'
CONFIG_VLYNQ='y'
CONFIG_VLYNQ0='1'
CONFIG_VLYNQ1='0'
CONFIG_VPN='n'
CONFIG_WLAN='y'
CONFIG_WLAN_1130TNET='y'
CONFIG_WLAN_1350TNET='n'
CONFIG_WLAN_GREEN='n'
CONFIG_WLAN_IPTV='n'
CONFIG_WLAN_TXPOWER='n'
CONFIG_WLAN_WDS='y'
CONFIG_WLAN_WMM='n'
CONFIG_XILINX='n'
ermittle die aktuelle TTY
tty is "/dev/pts/0"
Console Ausgaben auf dieses Terminal umgelenkt
# echo "firmware_version avme" > /proc/avalanche/env
-sh: cannot create /proc/avalanche/env: Directory nonexistent

Try this:

echo firmware_version avm >> /proc/sys/urlader/environment
echo "kernel_args annex=A" > /proc/sys/urlader/environment

This will give you Annex A but not in English. Sorry, no avme with Firmware 14.04.33. Latest English Firmware is 14.04.26. Downgrading from 14.04.33 is not easy. Search the forum.

Good luck!
Telefonicus

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hi ,

Any news of how you convert 7170 German annex B to English annex B?

Thanks

Nigel

The english 7170 recover tool is already around but it won't allow you to convert a German box to English. There's work in progress, just be a little patient :)
hi, I have been looking through various posts for a way to convert 7170 A/CH to English. I came across a comment #482 in this thread that RecoverTool does not work properly for 7170 and its work in progress. I am wondering if anyone has managed to do conversion using telefonicus' trick with ADAM2?

@ eagleeyes: I think it will in no way be possible to change the "language" of your 7050 fw 04.33 to English as the latest English fw for fb 7050 is version 04.26 and AVM changed basics (kernel) of their firmware from fw 04.30 on. Downgrading is not impossible but very, very difficult. You can try a pseudo image from the website "the-construct.com" with the sole content of a brand changing to "AVME". This is free of any risk. If it does not work it simply does not work but will not do any harm to your fb.

@musicman100: If the firmware of your 7170 is NOT higher than 04.47 you can also try the pseudo image way as firmware 04.47 exists in Germen and English version.

@justchill: Firmware version of your 7140??

You can try a pseudo image from the website "the-construct.com" with the sole content of a brand changing to "AVME". This is free of any risk. If it does not work it simply does not work but will not do any harm to your fb.
The branding will be changed to AVME, the FritzBox will search for web interface files for this branding and won't find any. So the FritzBox will still be working blindly but you won't have a web interface. You will have to correct this bei telnet or ftp. If you interpret this as "no harm" depends on you.

I short-cutted my comment a little. Basically Marsipulami is right - but "the-construct.com" says on his pseudo image site:
Eine Prüfroutine verhindert, dass das Branding auf einen ungültigen Wert geändert wird. Somit wird verhindert, dass das Webinterface der Fritz!Box Fon bei einem falschen Branding nicht mehr erreichbar ist. Es kann also sein, dass das Branding Ihrer Fritz!Box Fon nicht geändert wird. In diesem Fall ist Ihre Fritz!Box Fon wahrscheinlich nicht für das gewählte Branding geeignet.

Briefly in English: If the desired branding change is not compatible with the firmware of the box and thus the webinterface coulod not be reached anymore (this is what Maripulami fears) the pseudo image through its built-in routine will recognize this and will not install itself - result: the branding will not be changed

Hi guys,

I'm a beginner with voip and this is my first post.
I just bought a second hand Fritz Box Fon Ata 1020 on ebay.de before knowing that there might be problems due to Annex A/B if the box is used abroad (i.e. out of Germany).

The box needs to be modified with english firmware (I tried to install the english AVM version of the 11.04.01 but, as you might guess, without success) - that should be easy according to what Opensoft posted - and needs to work in the Philippines, where the DSL provider is PLDT. There is no ISDN available (yet) where the box will be installed but just an analog line to which a DSL modem is connected. I then assumed I have to change the Annex from B to A. That's what I did using haveaniceday's images.

The question is: is there a proper way to test whether the change was successful or not here in Germany, before I send the package to the Philippines?
Until now, the only tests I could do was to plug the phone first to the isdn output (and the box properly switched between internet and landline calls) and then to the analog output (only internet calls available. No signal detected from Fritz box) of the Arcor's startbox.

In the tests I made the DSL worked fine (the Fritz box is connected to the dsl modem shipped from arcor) before and after the Annex change.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

The question is: is there a proper way to test whether the change was successful or not here in Germany, before I send the package to the Philippines?
Yes. The test is: if it works in Germany, it will work in the Phillipines :p.
For an ATA it is irrelevant whether the modem is an Annex-A or B.
The only relevance is if the phone(s) you are connecting to the ATA are ISDN or Analog types. Both are possible, with any firmware. As far as I know, for Analog phones you have to buy or construct a cable (modify a UTP cable by cutting it in half and connecting wires 1 and 8 to a telephone plug).

The only relevance is if the phone(s) you are connecting to the ATA are ISDN or Analog types. Both are possible, with any firmware. As far as I know, for Analog phones you have to buy or construct a cable (modify a UTP cable by cutting it in half and connecting wires 1 and 8 to a telephone plug).

Thanks for the answer Wortelstok. Are you talking about an rj11 to rj45 adapter/cable which needs to connect a telephone line (rj11) to the female rj45 of the ATA?
Thanks

Thanks for the answer Wortelstok. Are you talking about an rj11 to rj45 adapter/cable which needs to connect a telephone line (rj11) to the female rj45 of the ATA?
Thanks
You take an UTP cable (2x rj45), cut it in two, and connect the wires 1 and 8 (the outside wires, see below) to the middle two of an rj11 which goes into the telephone, the rj45 goes into the Fritz!box. At least this how it works in the Fritz!box Fon, I assume the same thing holds for the ATA.
Also, take care that if you do use a Router other than the ATA, you forward at least port 5060 and maybe also a couple of other ports (16348 to 32768 ) to the ATA.
cblordrd.gif

Zurzeit aktive Besucher

Neueste Beiträge

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
ceburos
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.