English firmware for german boxes

darbid schrieb:
Could you please check to see what codecs your box now has. You use telnet to go into the box and then type "voipd -s" and then "voipd" you will then see a list of available codecs. I want to know if G.729 is there.
I must have missed a hack, unable to telnet :)

# telnet 192.168.1.254
Trying 192.168.1.254...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused

Have debrande but cant run the script as the only download file is now 08.04.02 :( , can the script be modified to run on this version or do I need to find 08.04.01 ??? (annex B) and will then convert to annex A

redcap schrieb:
I must have missed a hack, unable to telnet :)
# telnet 192.168.1.254
Trying 192.168.1.254...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused

Type these with your telephone connected to the box.

#96*7* Telnet on
#96*8* Telnet off

then i use fritz.box

darbid schrieb:
Type these with your telephone connected to the box.

#96*7* Telnet on
#96*8* Telnet off

then i use fritz.box
Thanks, I'll do that this evening, not at home now.

jimbo19 schrieb:
Have debrande but cant run the script as the only download file is now 08.04.02 :( , can the script be modified to run on this version or do I need to find 08.04.01 ??? (annex B) and will then convert to annex A

Buddy have a READ above someone has posted that 08.04.02 works with the script with one small modification. With 08.04.02 you can choose between Annex A and Annex B so you would then not have to do the other mod. I have not done it myself so am just going on what was posted above.

Hi Darbid , changed the script to 04.02 and it worked fine , however with an original annex B it knows that the annex A 04.02 is not correct and will not upgrade , so am upgrading using the tar file now :p

mmmmmm telnet to the box now shows

ANNEX='A' however parameter CONFIG_ANNEX='B' ???
Is that normal , I dont have adsl at the moment (am on cable) so cant check if it is working

:confused:

darbid schrieb:
Could you please check to see what codecs your box now has. You use telnet to go into the box and then type "voipd -s" and then "voipd" you will then see a list of available codecs. I want to know if G.729 is there.

Firmware: 06.04.02en on german box

PCMA: 98933 bits/second (encaplen=32,30ms)
PCMU: 98933 bits/second (encaplen=32,30ms)
G726-32: 70666 bits/second (encaplen=32,30ms)
G726-40: 70666 bits/second (encaplen=32,30ms)
G726-24: 56533 bits/second (encaplen=32,30ms)
iLBC: 42400 bits/second (encaplen=32,30ms)
PCMA: 106000 bits/second (encaplen=32,20ms)
PCMU: 106000 bits/second (encaplen=32,20ms)
G726-32: 84800 bits/second (encaplen=32,20ms)
G726-40: 84800 bits/second (encaplen=32,20ms)
G726-24: 63600 bits/second (encaplen=32,20ms)
iLBC: 63600 bits/second (encaplen=32,20ms)

No G.729 supported.

robot_rap schrieb:
Firmware: 06.04.02en on german box

Thanks buddy but it is not the german box I wanted. I thought you have turned your box to english with 08.04.02

Hi Darbid ,
Now on 08.04.02 - no G729 codec and also same problem with regional setting , change it to English --> apply ---> reboot and its back to other !!
In fact if you go away from that config screen and back it will go back to "other" as well

jimbo19 schrieb:
Hi Darbid ,
Now on 08.04.02 - no G729 codec and also same problem with regional setting , change it to English --> apply ---> reboot and its back to other !!
In fact if you go away from that config screen and back it will go back to "other" as well

Yeh I totally do not understand both of these things.

I have personally asked AVM about G.729 and they have said that both international boxes use G.729. If they do then why is it not in the firmware?
As for these regional settings. All that I can say is that the boxes really are not set up for outside germany. Their internal clock is almost impossible to change and must be hidden in a number of places in the software. I tried to change the time on mine and now the telephone list date is different to the system log. I just hope that the next firmware helps with these things.

English OS For Germany FBF 7050

Hello people

Instead of all these firmware mods, and hacks to try to get the english
firmware on a german FBF, why not just Download the current Beta or final
FW from AVM (In German), unpack it, translate the German to English and Repackage it.

Is this even possible? I've seen programs that can unpack the firmware image
but what about translating the text parts of the html pages and repackaging
and uploading it to a FBF..

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
darbid schrieb:
Thanks buddy but it is not the german box I wanted. I thought you have turned your box to english with 08.04.02
I've converted my german box to an english version with firmware 06.04.02
But there is no G.729

Is this even possible? I've seen programs that can unpack the firmware image
but what about translating the text parts of the html pages and repackaging
and uploading it to a FBF..
It is possible, but a lot of work.

Ok so what am I missing here.

AVM says the international boxes have G.729.
We have put the international firmware update onto our box.
There is no G.729.

Where or where can it be?

Does a "real" uk box give a proper dialtone on voip ? rather than the continental one ? Is this another problem with the "hack" not giving correct tone or are they all like this anyway :noidea:

Thanks For The info.

I have tried to use the program dumpsquash and other FW mod tools on
the new (Beta) FW 14.04.06-3825 but it doesn't seem to want to unpack the
files. If somebody can get the files unpacked, I can translate the needed
files, and send them back to be repackaged.. Anybody up for a little experiment?

I'm sure I can try to flash the english FW image, but I saw a few potiential problems.

1. The Fritzbox Fon WLAN and the FritzBox Fon WLAN 7050 have different ports/hardware.
Are you sure the 7050 is fully supported by the non 7050 FW?
2. Does the current English FW contain all the changes and updates the German Beta does?
3. Perhaps the German FW just works better for devices located in Germany. In which case only
translating the web pages/logs from Germany to English would be a better soultion.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
The files contain normally a checksum. The regular upload procedure might reject
the image otherwise.

I would never do an overwrite FonWLAN <=> 7050. Will just give trouble.
Also the bootloader ADAM2 might be confused in case the environment
is exchanged.

Haveaniceday

Edit: Backup:

I do not have any script procedure. The only way I can imagine is with tftp. ( or with ftp-server upload)

Hi,

I tried to understand this post ;-)

I am using a Fritz!Box Fon WLan in the UK and I have updated to the lastest German 08.04.01 and I succesfully run the Annex_A patch but I would love the English Webinterface if possible to.

Are there simple steps I could follow...?

Cheers

PT-1

pt-1 schrieb:
I am using a Fritz!Box Fon WLan in the UK and I have updated to the lastest German 08.04.01 and I succesfully run the Annex_A patch but I would love the English Webinterface if possible to.
Are there simple steps I could follow...?

The idea from HAND is that he is not allowed to give you a finished file here on the forum that will make your box speak english, but he is giving you the ability to do it.

You take the english firmware and his script. You run his script and it alters the english firmware and repacks it into an image so that when you run it like a firmware update your german box does not reject it.

Which part do you not understand? There is one complication and that is that since he wrote this there has been a firmware update to XX.XX.02 and so someone here has explained that you have to change one small thing in his script otherwise they have reported it works.

The other issue is I am not sure if you should change the annex first or after. I debranded the box, changed the language and then change the annex.

Hi guys,

Sorry for bothering you again.

I will have a new FB 7050 with international english software for a few days in my hand.

Is it possible to download the firmware from the box and then upload it to my german FB 7050? and to anyone how want's it in the forum?

If it's possible, how can i do it??

Best Regards to all
R

Zurzeit aktive Besucher

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
Beronimus
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.