FB7141+NAS = FB741+USB_Drive?

hrust_ray

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hallo.
I decide to use NAS LAN server instead of USB_Drive, connected to FB. Because speed of USB is very slow and very often disk is dismounted by itself, maybe because even 700kb/s is too high speed for this USB.

My question - can I use NAS in same way like USB_drive?
I need torrent client, ftp server for internet.

I tried to mount in standart way, thats :
Code:
# ping 192.168.178.13
PING 192.168.178.13 (192.168.178.13): 56 data bytes
84 bytes from 192.168.178.13: icmp_seq=1 ttl=32 time=0.6 ms

--- 192.168.178.13 ping statistics ---
2 packets transmitted, 2 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 0.6/2.2/3.9 ms
# mkdir /var/smb
# mount //192.168.178.13/Bin /var/smb
mount: Mounting //192.168.178.13/Bin on /var/smb failed: No such file or directo
ry

I found many topics about samba and DsMod, but this is noy my case - I'd like to use samba share on standart FW. Is it possible to use *.o files just for sambaShare mounting?
If somebody can advise something - it'll be great.

Thnx

I'm sure, not.
That's why I think about using *.o module of samba.

One more possibility - ftp running on my NAS server. Is it possible to mount ftp shared folder?

Such a possibility may exists, I thick I read something like that somewhen, but I'm not sure.
Anyway, FTP is really not a protocol suitable for mountig filesystems. It it certainly possible, but not efficient.

The kernel modules are named *.ko (kernel object). The are not part of Samba. You must configure your kernel to support smbfs or cifs. Another option is to use NFS, if your NAS supports it.

Unfortntly NAS box doesn't support NTFS. Only FAT32.

If I load this *.ko module to memory using insmod, can it work?
Some time ago I let my USB->Serial converter work, using "insmod usbserial.ko, insmod pl2303.ko"
Isn't it the case like with samba support?

This is not Samba. Samba is a SMB Server. Samba most likely runs on your NAS.

Here you need an SMB Client. This is part of the kernel, not part of Samba.

You can try to load the modules, it might work. But it is also possible that changes to the base kernel are required for this.
You can try smbfs and/or cifs, not necessarily at the same time. It is enough if one of them works for you.

That what I got
Code:
# mount smbfs //192.168.178.1/ /var
mount: Can't find smbfs in /etc/fstab

What if I put "smbfs" to /etc/fstab ?

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.