[Info] How can I disable the IGMP proxy of AVM's multid?

Dominor

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hello! I am using my Fritz!Box 7140 in IP-Client mode connected to a Thomson TG784 Residential Internet Gateway or Router, which provides an IPTV service to my home. Unfortunately, when I connect my Fritz to my Thomson, the IPTV service stops working correctly. I have determined it happens only when multid is started with its igmp proxy daemon, which somehow interferes with the IPTV service (I guess because it's based on IGMP for channel operation). I workaround the problem by stopping multid or starting manually with the igmp proxy disabled (-i command-line option).
However, if the box is restarted for some reason, multid is running again with igmp proxy enabled. I would like to know how to disable multid or simply change its initscript to run with the -i option. I already tried editing /etc/rc.multid with nano, but got the error message read-only filesystem.
Thank you!

Do you run Freetz on your box? Otherwise you are wrong here.

Yes, I do run freetz (trunk) on my Fritz!Box. That's why I came to this forum.

You can copy /etc/rc.multid into /var/tmp/flash, edit it there with nano and then write mount --bind /var/tmp/flash/rc.multid /etc/rc.multid into rc.custom. Then do a modsave all

The problem is, I dont know if multid is run before rc.custom is executed. If this is the case, you could kill and restart multid in rc.custom with the igmp-proxy switched off.

Another way is to edit the file before building the firmware. Do so by inserting such an entry in fwmod_custom in freetz root directory.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
You can copy /etc/rc.multid ...
In welchem trunk gibt es bzw. gab es "rc.multid", direkt im Verzeichnis "/etc"?
Code:
root@fritz:/var/mod/root# find / -iname 'rc.multid'
/etc/[COLOR="red"]init.d[/COLOR]/rc.multid
/var/mod/etc/[COLOR="red"]init.d[/COLOR]/rc.multid

Keine Ahnung, stimmt wahrscheinlich nicht, hab das nur direkt vom ersten Beitrag übernommen.

Hello!
Thanks to the input provided here, I've managed to solve my problem. In /etc/init.d/rc.multid, like there is the function ntp_mode(), which is called by the daemon actions ntp_enable and ntp_disable, I added a similar function for enabling/disabling the igmp proxy in multid, with corresponding daemon actions. I changed the script through a patch applied during the building stage in the fwmod_custom script. Now I am able to connect my Fritz to my Thomson router (currently my Internet/IPTV router) without disrupting the IPTV signal.
I share here my patch so that anyone can use it, if they want.
BTW, incidently, I discovered also I could use the mini_fo package which overlays a writable filesystem over read-only squashfs. Simple to configure and to use. Just edit any file like /etc/resolv.conf normally, without any further hacks.
Vielen Dank.

Anhänge

• rc.multid.conditional_disable_igmp.patch.zip
    910 Bytes · Aufrufe: 22
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.