DYN dns sends only the internal ip, help!

zooster

Mitglied
Punkte für Reaktionen
I've tried dyn dns and no-ip, wiht both the 7050 sends the internal ip, and not the public one. The box is set without modem section, but only as ATA-router, behind an alcatel speedthouch pro (modem/router).
If the dyndns is available also setting the box as ata-router, and therefore is supposed to be used another modem adsl before, why the hell the box sends the internal ip?????

try www.dyndns.org this will work

the 7050 does not send a ip

the user login and den password will be send to dyndns.org and this server log the ip wich send the request....

sry. english for runaways

Nope, I subscribed the dyndns.org, and it receives the internal IP of the box(configured ata-router, no modem).
I've tried many times and on the website the registered ip is the internal one...!
In settings I use:
domainname example: zooster.dyndns.biz
username: zooster
password: zooster pass
again: zooster pass

Hi Zooster,

doesnt work. The box only as router dont know the public IP-Adress.
Configure dyndns in your alcatel router, if not possible, switch the configuration : FBF as modem/router and alcatel only as router.

greetz
martin

The key here is not to specify too many parameters in the update request. You may run the update request then from ANY computer or router in your network, including the external one. I use the following script:

wget -O - "http://USER:p[email protected]/nic/update?hostname=HOST.dyndns.org" | cat

Replace USER, PASSWORD and HOST by your account details.

Don't specify any IP address! It will be picked up automatically from the request. This only does not work in the case where you have mandatory, non-transparent HTTP proxies between you and the Internet (e.g., may break with Kabel Deutschland).

--gandalf.

gandalf94305 schrieb:
The key here is not to specify too many parameters in the update request. You may run the update request then from ANY computer or router in your network, including the external one. I use the following script:

wget -O - "http://USER:p[email protected]/nic/update?hostname=HOST.dyndns.org" | cat

Replace USER, PASSWORD and HOST by your account details.

Don't specify any IP address! It will be picked up automatically from the request. This only does not work in the case where you have mandatory, non-transparent HTTP proxies between you and the Internet (e.g., may break with Kabel Deutschland).

--gandalf.
How can I use that script in the 7050 in "ATA-router only" mode?

BTW, it's really weird that the dyndns option is available in ata-router mode if it can't work properly...

zooster schrieb:
How can I use that script in the 7050 in "ATA-router only" mode?

Put it with some "sleep 60" into your /var/flash/debug.cfg in the background to execute. It will update once.

There is also a script (forgot where) that gets called when the connection status changes... put the line in there and it will update every time you have a different connection.

Other than that, if you don't depend on the mapping to exist immediately after changes, you may execute that every hour or so on any connected pc.

--gandalf.

Man I thank you, but I don't know how to get that file... Can you please explain step by step how to do? :)

Search for "online status" reveals:

~ # multid -?
usage: multid multid [options]
options:
-? - print this help
-f - run in forground. (NOTSET)
-s - stop daemon. (NOTSET)
-p STRING - Pidfile. ("/var/run/multid.pid")
-M STRING - memory debug output. (NULL)
-S STRING - script to call when onlinestatus changes. /bin/onlinechanged")
-t - disable simple NTP client. (NOTSET)
-D STRING - switch debug logs on. (NULL)
start server: multid
stop server : multid -s

~ #
Cheers,
--gandalf.

I'm even more confused, sorry. If I understood well I have to edit some file inside the box, but I have no clue how to do it. I don't know commands or anything to edit and write a file inside the box. I need a step by step for dummies explanation to add this script to the box....
What's the first operation to do? Connect it by telnet? And after?

gandalf94305, I've sent to you a PM.

Ok, I've solved this problem, thank you for the support :)
Just one thing, that script how often does update the dns? Is it only at reboot of the box?
Can you tell me the complete string I have to use to make it update only when the online status changes?
Thanks.

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.