7140 and printer server problems

Spewk

Neuer User
Mitglied seit
15 Jan 2008
Beiträge
3
Punkte für Reaktionen
0
Punkte
0
Hi all! and sorry for talking english
i'm new of this forum and i have a really big problem...
today i changed my old hp officejet 5310 (that worked greatly with my fritz!box fon wlan 7140) with a lexmark x7300 series (x7250) and...i just can't make it work with my router!
if i plug it into my pc via usb it works greatly, but if i connect it to the router, change port to avm: and try printing it doesn't work
it says "printing finished" but nothing happens

i'm just losing my mind on this problem :S

thanks all and sorry for my english ;)
 
Hi Spewk,

the HP 6310 seems to be a HP PCL Level 3 Enhanced-Printer. I don't know the Lexmark x7250, but I think it's a GDI-Printer. GDI-Printers are not supported by AVM-USB. You can use GDI-Printers only in the newest firmware-versions for the FritzBox-7170 via "USB-Fernanschluss". This emulates a local USB-connection over ethernet.

I think a printserver like Lexmark N4000e is the only solution for your problem.

Gruß Telefonmännchen
 
Thanks for your answer :) did you know if there's any hack for using 7170 usb driver on my 7140? thanks :)
 
I think, there's no hack available. This is a special feature for the 7170 and must be supported by the firmware istself (not only a driver). The firmware of the older boxes has no support for this feature. I think a printserver is the better choice.

Gruß Telefonmännchen
 
Kostenlos!

Neueste Beiträge

Statistik des Forums

Themen
248,930
Beiträge
2,305,668
Mitglieder
378,660
Neuestes Mitglied
Kickaha42