7141 and Annex A?

Alpamayo

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hello,
I badly wish to turn my 7141 to annex A. Does anybody know if the procedure described by telefonicus works for the 7141 as well?
Connect your PC to the Fritzbox via the Ethernet (LAN cable) and set the IP address of your PC to 192.168.178.XXX, the IP mask to 255.255.255.0 and the IP interface to 192.168.178.1 (if it doesn't work after several trials try 192.168.178.2)

IMPORTANT:
*Make sure your LAN adapter has a fixed IP address, e.g. 192.168.178.10
*Disable any IP-filtering or firewall
*Make sure you are accessing the LAN directly (not through an application software)

On your Windows XP PC open the "network connections" folder in one window and a "COMMAND" console ("DOS window") in another window. Enter the following instruction in the COMMAND console (do not press ENTER, just hold this comand line ready):

ftp 192.168.178.1

Now plug in the power supply and watch the network adapter status to change from "network cable removed" to "connection established" (3-4 seconds). That is exactly the time, when the ENTER key must be pressed.

Try and watch this change a few times before you press ENTER so you get a feeling for the time it takes. This works with most WindowsXP installations.

If nothing happens enter CTRL-C to cancel the ftp command and re-try the above (up to 10 times). Sometimes it helps to enter the "arp -d" command to clear the MAC table before starting ftp. If all fails you might also try ftp 192.168.178.2 alternatively.

If you see the FTP login prompt enter "adam2" as user and password.

220 ADAM2 FTP Server ready.

530 Please login with USER and PASS.
USER adam2
331 Password required for adam2.
PASS adam2
230 User adam2 successfully logged in.

Now enter the following commands:

quote SETENV annex,A
quote SETENV HWRevision,77
quote SETENV ProductID,Fritz_Box_7050_AnnexA
quote SETENV firmware_version,avme

You can copy and paste all 4 lines at once. Use the right-hand mouse button to paste.

Enter "bye" when you're done.

Now run the recovery program, e.g.

FRITZ.Box_Fon_WLAN_7050.AnnexA.en.03.91.recover-image.exe from the known source, I mean from AVM of course (huhu, Novize!) and follow the instructions.

Have fun!
Basically I would like to restore the image of a 7140 english annex A (fritz.box_fon_wlan_7140.annex.a.en.39.04.24.image) to my 7141 german annex B.

In this case I need to know the HWRevision of a 7140 to replace the question marks, and also if the ProductID is written correctly:

quote SETENV annex,A
quote SETENV HWRevision,???
quote SETENV ProductID,fritz.box_fon_wlan_7140
quote SETENV firmware_version,avme

If this procedure is wrong and if you think it's too risky I will not do it.
Thank you so much for your help and advice.
Alpamayo

Hi
Have you done the 7140? I ask because I have a problem too
The command:
quote SETENV annex,A
quote SETENV HWRevision,107
Dose not work for me, I got a env set error...

/F

Hi Flemse,
If your Fritz bootloader is an old one (because recently they changed it) you can set the environment variables through the console. But you need to build yourself a console cable.
You can use this diagram: http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/6784/cavoseriale152wj4.jpg

When you connect the console and start your fbf, you can intercept the kernel from loading and then set the variables with the "setenv" command. Then you can start the recovery procedure.
But I canNOT guarantee that such procedure works for you. Sorry. It worked for me. (In my case, however, the flashing was not successful for other reasons).

Alpamayo

@Alpamayo
Yes I have the cable and I use it.
Your right the problem is the new ADAM2 loader, therefore i have looked for a old one in long time now but not found one?
Do you have a old loader???

/Flemming

Please check your PM box

Latest news?

Hi,
I have just bought an Annex B 7141 that I wish to convert to Annex A for use in the UK.

Did either of you complete a successful conversion to Annex A - did you also get English dialogues?

Or is there a more up to date page for this info?

thank you,
Alasdair

@Murkle:

Converting to Annex A and English dialogues are two very different things as I wrote to you in another thread where I said you had to brave it :(

fritsv schrieb:
@Murkle:

Converting to Annex A and English dialogues are two very different things as I wrote to you in another thread where I said you had to brave it :(

So theoretically the procedure is the same, and the same three options apply? (From the other thread)
I think I should continue this in the original thread which was English language focused. see you there

No as you bought this 7141 you are in the right forum only English menus and going to Annex A are not really the same thing

fritsv schrieb:
No as you bought this 7141 you are in the right forum only English menus and going to Annex A are not really the same thing

Then I'll keep this discussion here. :) I do realise the difference between changing Annexes and the language. The language is of secondary importance to me. Getting ADSL on Annex A is a priority.

While waiting for the Fritzbox to arrive I will try and research the process more thoroughly.

Alpamayo schrieb:
Hi Flemse,
If your Fritz bootloader is an old one (because recently they changed it) you can set the environment variables through the console. But you need to build yourself a console cable.
You can use this diagram: http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/6784/cavoseriale152wj4.jpg

When you connect the console and start your fbf, you can intercept the kernel from loading and then set the variables with the "setenv" command. Then you can start the recovery procedure.
But I canNOT guarantee that such procedure works for you. Sorry. It worked for me. (In my case, however, the flashing was not successful for other reasons).

Alpamayo

Is this circuit TTL<->Serial? I have a max232 pcb for my serial port already with GND RX TX and 3.3V.

From what I read being able to perform the FTP commands depends on my version of the ADAM boot loader, if it's too recent I can either find an older revision of the bootloader or use the cable to access the serial console?

Well I'm not sure I'll be able to try out converting a 7141 to Annex A - I think I've been scammed on eBay :mad:

@murkle
Well I'm not sure I'll be able to try out converting a 7141 to Annex A

Have you tried allready then ?

And what is it you are trying to achieve here ?
You seem to be mixing 7140, 7141, Annex A and the English language

What does your current box state FW-wise and Annex-wise

fritsv schrieb:
@murkle

Have you tried allready then ?

And what is it you are trying to achieve here ?
You seem to be mixing 7140, 7141, Annex A and the English language

What does your current box state FW-wise and Annex-wise

To clear things up:

I've ordered a 7141 Annex B from Germany. I've not received it yet and the seller is not communicating anymore - I'm worried that I've been tricked. :(

Bummer.
I have never used ebay myself but seem to remember something about being insured under EUR 500 ?

Well eBay say that..but sometimes it's hard to get a refund. I just have to wait at the moment until I hear a response, or escalate this into a complaint.

I was hoping to have my voip setup by the end of this week - which now doesn't look likely.

Bummer indeed

Can only sympathize and keep my fingers crossed for you.
Catch you again, hopefully, when your box arrives

That's very kind, thank you fritsv :)

Post deleted.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.