[Info] 7390 firmware with HFS+ and AFP support

Tetsuia

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hi all,
is a few months I'm trying to do a firmware for my Fritzbox 7390 providing support for hard drives formatted with HFS + and AFP network protocol (to amake possible timemachine backup over network). I know that freetz can prepare a firmware with these features, unfortunately I was unsuccessf**** So I ask for help from those who are definitely more experienced than me or even a link where I can download a firmware already prepared that contains also the Italian language.
thanks for the support you can give me.
Roberto from Italy

Hi Roberto. It's not allowed us to share modified images. We will try to help you if you give us information about the failure...

Regards
Oliver

Hi Oliver,
I understand and I'm sorry for requesting something that was not allowed. Anyway my attempt to do the implementation was made 1 month ago. Right now, following my several fault, I unistalled ubuntu from my virtual box on my mac because I was frustrated regarding this issue. I think I miss the necessary competence to make it on my owne, so I asked for help.
This was my error:

roberto@roberto-VirtualBox:~$ cd freetz-trunk
roberto@roberto-VirtualBox:~/freetz-trunk$ make menuconfig
Makefile:106: *** Please unpack/checkout again with umask set to 0022. Arresto.
roberto@roberto-VirtualBox:~/freetz-trunk$ umask 0022
roberto@roberto-VirtualBox:~/freetz-trunk$

Code:
roberto@roberto-VirtualBox:~/freetz-trunk$ umask 0022
The message doesn't say to change umask and call make again, but to do a new checkout with umask set to 0022 before the checkout. So you should remove the directory freetz-trunk, set umask to 0022, and then do the checkout again.

Basically the same as you did on the other virtual machine: checkout, make menuconfig, make. It is an alternative to installing Ubuntu yourself, and it is proven to work :)

very nice!!! I configured my own package/service....now what i have to do to tell freetz to make my new firmware image??

ok sorry :) I followed the freetz for beginners, unfortunately when I finish costumize my own firmware and click on exit I click yes to make my build and a prompt window is open. Here I wrote "make" but immediately come back the menuconfig window and the build image wasn't create. Under my directory freetz-trunk there is no image directory or image file. what is my fault?? any suggestion?
in menu config I select only my router 7390, language international, hfs+, netatalk2.2
tnx
Roberto

click on exit I click yes to make my build and a prompt window is open.

What is this click you talk about? There is nothing to do with a mouse in Freetz. I also can't think of any question "yes to make build".

By the way, are you sure that you need HFS+ and AFP for timemachine? I heard it also works with SMB and any file system.

Ok finally make command worked. I flashed my fritz box, I activate netatalk on freetz gui menus and if i write afp://192.168.178.1 I'm able to find the fritz server. I used 'adduser' function and now I can reach my partitions via AFP.
unfortunately I wasn't able to make the patches HFS and HFS+ to work. what is the matter with this patches? I must select other stuff to make it work? someone can explain why in "status" in the freetz web interface I can't see my partition heaven if are ntfs and work on my fritzbox original web interface. Please give me some suggestions...
Roberto

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
no one can help me to mount hfs+ on my fritz 7390??
tnx

Zurzeit aktive Besucher

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
jack-mack
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.