EcbBc

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hello,
I have a new 7490 avm router.

Using these commands in adams2
quote SETENV firmware_version avme
quote GETENV firmware_version

then I have restored using: FRITZ.Box_7490.en-de-es-it-fr.06.03.recover-image.exe

I have managed to flash the international firmware on the German Fritz box!

Now I want to compile and install a freetz image/firmware:

1- I have downloaded the sources from: "git clone https://github.com/Freetz/freetz.git "
2- Config -> make menuconfig
3- What firmware/image version do you recommend? 6.2?, 6.5?, 6.8?, 7.0?, 7.1?
4- Where can i find the old firmware? FRITZ.Box_7490.en-de-es-it-fr-pl.113.06.31.image for example

Thanks,

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I have a new 7490 avm router.
First recommendable thing would be, to check the Bootloaderversion, if a change to avme-branding could/shoud be persistent on a German-HW-Version without freetz or modfs.
If freetz, you should use the "no-freetz-mode" for minimal changes.
Actual it could be more comfortable, to try @First an actual Stock-7.19-labor-version, if foreign Language/Time-zone/Annex would be enough/working well?
The advantage would be, that a FW-Update in future can be done easy via GUI or automaticly, which sometimes got people in trouble, who only had access remotely. The 2FA-Mode and physical presence for Button-Pushing could be hard ;)
LG

Reaktionen: EcbBc
then I have restored using: FRITZ.Box_7490.en-de-es-it-fr.06.03.recover-image.exe
Is there any logical/plausible reason, why you did do that?

Or could you let us know, why (the hell) you should want to install/use an old and error-prone firmware version?

I would bet (or better: I hope), that the reasons are insufficient information and/or missing knowledge only.

There's no need to do this - use a current release version (from the 07.1x series by AVM) to build your image and use the EVA loader to install it at the device. That's all, what you have to do to use Freetz (or Freetz-NG) on your new device.

The needed firmware image file(s) for supported versions, even for the latest international one (https://github.com/Freetz/freetz/blob/master/FIRMWARES#L280), will be found and loaded automatically - you haven't to think about it.

If your device resets the "firmware_version" value after a power-cycle to its "native one", you may use this Freetz option: https://github.com/Freetz/freetz/blob/master/config/ui/patches.in#L1430 to use a fixed value in the firmware (in your own image), instead of reading it from device.

Is there any logical/plausible reason, why you did do that?

Sorry I'm wrong.
1) I restored the router with: fritz.box_7490-07.12.exe (I was able to change the language to Spanish)
2) Then, I try restoring again with FRITZ.Box_7490.en-de-es-it-fr.06.03.recover-image.exe (I wanted to be able to load unsigned firmware using the web environment)
But I couldn't restore with. It gave me a mtd1 write error. I rebooted the router and everything ok

Thank you all

-- Zusammenführung Doppelpost by stoney

I already compiled my firmware using freetz-ng.
I have two files:
.image
.image.in-memory

Now, Using Eva_Tools (Windows .ps1?), what script / function do I have to execute?
Is there an example?

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
-> http://yourfritz.de/desc-eva

Now, Using Eva_Tools (Windows .ps1?), what script / function do I have to execute?
Is there an example?
This is a (very) short answer...

Connect the router to power ... wait 3 seconds...
Rich (BBCode):
shell > ftp 192.168.178.1
Verbindung mit 192.168.178.1 wurde hergestellt.
220 ADAM2 FTP Server ready
530 not logged in
Benutzer (192.168.178.1:(none)): adam2
331 Password required for adam2
Kennwort: adam2
230 User adam2 successfully logged in
ftp> bye
Powershell > Set-ExecutionPolicy -Scope CurrentUser -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted
Powershell > EVA-FTP-Client.ps1 -Verbose -Debug -ScriptBlock { BootDeviceFromImage c:\pathto\firmware.image.in-memory }
wait... and hope for luck

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Thank you very much!!!!!!

I already have it working!!!!!!:p

It's funny, some binaries that I had compiled into a 7390 (oscam for example), work on the 7490

I am missing the telnet service. I will compile another Freetz-NG.

Thank you very much!!!!!! Thank you very much!!!!!! Thank you very much!!!!!! :) :) :)
Thank you very much!!!!!! Thank you very much!!!!!! Thank you very much!!!!!!

TEST: http://yourfritz.de/desc-eva

@NDiIPP warum postest Du diesen Link immer als PLAIN ? Ich sehe da keinen Grund dafür. Weshalb die urpsrüngliche Quelle geblockt wird, sollte bekannt sein, dass die Domain ("Eigentümer" vor und nacher oder die ganze Zeit bereits, habe ich bislang nie nachgeforscht....) nun einen völlig anderen Content beinhaltet - welcher NULL mit IP/Internet/Telefon zu tun hat und auch zwischenzeitlich IMHO einen noch anderen Content hatte (Profiseller.... oder so ähnlich).

Gegen diesen ist doch überhaupt nichts auszusetzten und ich sehe auch keinerlei Grund aktuell und in Zukunft, yourfritz wegen solchen oder ähnlichen Sachen Board-SW-seitig filtern zu lassen.

Neueste Beiträge

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
Chrischan 79
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.