Call Through: Possible? [SOLVED}

JOCKYW2001

Neuer User
Mitglied seit
10 Feb 2005
Beiträge
188
Punkte für Reaktionen
0
Punkte
16
Guys,

In a couple of weeks I will get a 1&1 SIM free of charge as part of the 4DSL package. It's nice that 1&1 mobile phones allow free calls into the german fixed network and to 3 partner cards, but by using Asterisk and Call-by-Call providers it can be even more attractive.

What I mean is to enormously reduce the costs of mobile-to-mobile and international calls from a 1&1 mobile. A mobile-to-mobile call costs 0.29¤/min and an international call starts at 0.71¤/min

My idea is most likely not new and works as follows:
- the 1&1 mobile users dials in to a Asterisk server at home (can run on FBF I guess)
- Asterisk verifies the 1&1 mobile phone number from the CLIP
- Asterisks prompts the user to enter the target mobile phone# or international phone#
- Asterisk adds a cheap Call-by-Call prefix# to the target phone# (e.g. 01040 for a call to another national mobile phone (0.069¤/min) or 01054 for an international phone# (0.0138¤/min for US)
- Asterisks dials the number and forwards the 1&1 mobile user

Perhaps the scheme can be simplified by combining the home- and targetphone# and perhaps it can also be extended to roaming 1&1 users by using 'friendly' Asterisk servers.

What you can recognize is the enormous cost saving potential: a factor 3 cheaper for national mobile phone calls and a factor 100 for international calls.

Okay, I am fully aware that this is not a new idea :)
What I'd like to hear from you is details on how it can be implemented on a Fritzbox or separate Asterisk server.

Cheers
JockyW
 
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
You can do these things on a FBF without installing Asterisk by using the Call-Through feature. To get cheap calls you can either use fixed dialing rules or install LCR from www.telefonsparbuch.de .

PS: Your title "Possible?" is not very meaningful. If you want people to read your question, you should choose something more descriptive.
 
Yeah, it's all there already :)
Thx for the answers Volker, despite the bad title ;)
 
And it really works great too :)

One more question:
I'd like to change the phone# directory in my mobile phones and prefix each number with the Call Through number followed by PIN and '0'. I would hate it to type the PIN,0 and destination phone# each time ...

I tried it, but it doesn't work. The network doesn't recognize this number. Does anyone know a trick?

EDIT1:
I just found the Java Handysoftware "Mobile Call-Through Manager" for 19,95¤ from runningmobile.com.

Is there any cheaper homebrewn for this :)

EDIT2:
Here is the solution with a Howto for editing your phonenumbers:
http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?t=126745

I changed my handy phonebook numbers as follows:
'callthroughnumber' 'p' 'PIN' 'p' '0' '#31#' 'mobile/international phonenumber'
 
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Kostenlos!

Statistik des Forums

Themen
248,927
Beiträge
2,305,516
Mitglieder
378,653
Neuestes Mitglied
M.CH.