Close as possible to the original

johnbock

Mitglied
Mitglied seit
2 Mrz 2008
Beiträge
310
Punkte für Reaktionen
0
Punkte
0
Hi there,

first off I would like thank all the people involved in getting this wonderfull forum all together. Second, I need to thank all those in involved in freetz (formally ds) modified Fritzbox firmware:groesste: Third thanks goes to AVM for creating a great platform and orignal firmware for us all to play with!

Now all that said and done... I built my first modified firmware using freetz this evening. I had problems only with the source package xdelta30q.tar.gz not being found on the google project server. In fact I wasn't able to find any package for xdelta on google at all. I finally found it on some guarded forum download site.

However, I still have reservations flashing the box with the fresh build.

I want to use a firmware as close to the original as possible, i.e. enhancing it with dnsmasq, dropbear and openntpd. Can someone tell if the following make output fullfills my expectations.

As soon as I saw the patches removing stuff I was getting concerned;) Specifically, the patches 260, 270, 290, 320, 330, 340, 350 and 500.

Code:
STEP 1: UNPACK
unpacking firmware image
splitting kernel image
unpacking filesystem image
  created 2755 files
  created 122 directories
  created 242 symlinks
  created 159 devices
  created 0 fifos
unpacking var.tar
done.

STEP 2: MODIFY
applying patches
  applying patches (7270_beta-de)
    applying patch file ./patches/7270_beta/100-webif.sh
  Applying symlinks, deleting additional webinterfaces
    applying patch file ./patches/7270_beta/200-modules_symlink.sh
  making symlink for modules (-ur8)
    applying patch file ./patches/100-profile.patch
    patching file etc/profile
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    applying patch file ./patches/110-multid-wait.patch
    patching file etc/init.d/rc.net
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 63 (offset -14 lines).
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    applying patch file ./patches/110-system_status.patch
    patching file usr/bin/system_status
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    applying patch file ./patches/120-inittab_console.patch
    patching file etc/inittab
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    applying patch file ./patches/130-fstab.patch
    patching file etc/fstab
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    applying patch file ./patches/7270_beta/100-rc.net-dnsmasq.patch
    patching file etc/init.d/rc.net
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    applying patch file ./patches/7270_beta/110-rc.S-mknod.patch
    patching file etc/init.d/rc.S
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    applying patch file ./patches/7270_beta/120-rc.S-dev.patch
    patching file etc/init.d/rc.S
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    applying patch file ./patches/7270_beta/130-rc.S-logging.patch
    patching file etc/init.d/rc.S
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    applying patch file ./patches/7270_beta/290-replace_websrv-remove_igdd.patch
    patching file etc/init.d/rc.net
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    applying patch file ./patches/7270_beta/301-remove_smbd.patch
    patching file etc/init.d/rc.net
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    applying patch file ./patches/7270_beta/400_remove_ftpd.patch
    patching file etc/hotplug/storage
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    applying patch file ./patches/7270_beta/de/130-foncalls.patch
    patching file usr/www/all/html/de/home/foncalls.js
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    applying patch file ./patches/7270_beta/de/190-webmenu.patch
    patching file usr/www/all/html/de/menus/menu2_homehome.html
    patching file usr/www/all/html/de/menus/menu2.inc
    patching file usr/www/all/html/de/menus/menu2_konfig.html
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    applying patch file ./patches/7270_beta/de/200-sperre1.patch
    patching file usr/www/all/html/de/fon/sperre1.js
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
  creating symlinks /tmp, /mod and /home
  setting subversion 'freetz-devel-2010'
    applying patch file ./patches/100-getcons.sh
  removing /bin/getcons
    applying patch file ./patches/100-profile_term_password.sh
    applying patch file ./patches/100-rename_ctlmgr.sh
    applying patch file ./patches/100-w701v_7170.sh
    applying patch file ./patches/100-w900v_7170.sh
    applying patch file ./patches/110-uclibc.sh
    applying patch file ./patches/140-tr069_cfg.sh
  patching tr069.cfg
    applying patch file ./patches/150-iptables.sh
    applying patch file ./patches/170-rename_ar7login.sh
  renaming ar7login to make way for wrapper script
    applying patch file ./patches/180-printk.sh
    applying patch file ./patches/191-webmenu_wol.sh
    applying patch file ./patches/195-webmenu_signed.sh
    applying patch file ./patches/196-usbstorage.sh
  applying USB storage patch
    applying patch file ./patches/cond/usbstorage_7270.patch
    patching file etc/hotplug/run_mount
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    applying patch file ./patches/210-ata.sh
    applying patch file ./patches/210-enum.sh
    applying patch file ./patches/210-international.sh
    applying patch file ./patches/220-assistant.sh
    applying patch file ./patches/220-cdrom-iso.sh
    applying patch file ./patches/220-help.sh
    applying patch file ./patches/230-openssl.sh
    applying patch file ./patches/240-hidden_pages.sh
    applying patch file ./patches/250-orangebox.sh
    applying patch file ./patches/260-remove_tr069.sh
    applying patch file ./patches/270-remove_usb_module.sh
    applying patch file ./patches/280-storage.sh
  patching run_mount
    applying patch file ./patches/cond/storage_7270_labor.patch
    patching file etc/hotplug/storage
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    applying patch file ./patches/290-replace_websrv-remove_igdd.sh
    applying patch file ./patches/300-remove-smbd.sh
    applying patch file ./patches/310-remove_userman.sh
    applying patch file ./patches/320-remove_capiotcp.sh
    applying patch file ./patches/320-remove-dsld.sh
    applying patch file ./patches/330-remove-voip-isdn.sh
    applying patch file ./patches/340-remove_dect_update.sh
    applying patch file ./patches/350-remove_annex_file.sh
    applying patch file ./patches/401-remove_ftpd.sh
    applying patch file ./patches/440-cutdown_samba_control.sh
    applying patch file ./patches/450-autorun_autoend.sh
    applying patch file ./patches/500-remove-mediasrv.sh
  removing oem: none
installing mod base
  copying files
  installing libs
    libpthread-0.9.28.so
    ld-uClibc-0.9.28.so
    libcrypt-0.9.28.so
    libm-0.9.28.so
    libutil-0.9.28.so
    libgcc_s.so.1
    librt-0.9.28.so
    libuClibc-0.9.28.so
    libdl-0.9.28.so
    libnsl-0.9.28.so
replacing busybox
  replacing busybox-8mb_26
  installing symlinks
  installing modules
  generating modules.dep
installing packages
  dnsmasq-2.41
  dropbear-0.50
  openntpd-3.9p1
  fstyp-0.1
  haserl-0.9.21
  modcgi-0.2
invoking custom script
done.

STEP 3: PACK
  Checking for left over Subversion directories
squashfs blocksize
  root filesystem: 65536
packing var.tar
creating filesystem image
merging kernel image
  kernel image size: 7493888 (max: 7798784, free: 304896)
packing 7270_beta_04.55-freetz-devel-2010.de_20080314-204617.image
done.

FINISHED

I thank anyone able to tell me if and where the output deviates from the original.
 
The packages you selected in your menuconfig are in place in the packed image. I suppose.

Code:
dnsmasq-2.41
dropbear-0.50
openntpd-3.9p1

are in there.

The mentioned patchfiles you see are not processed for every hardware an configuration, so you doesn't need to matter.

greetz

cinereous
 
Thank you for answering:-)

I have flashed the unit and everything seems to fine. Well, almost everything...

I can't log onto it using neither telnet nor ssh: the password seems incorrect. I have tried the default as stated in the freetz wiki page for dropbear to no avail. Any advice?
 
For freetz the password has changed in some previous revision. For the firt time, you should use "freetz" as password.

greetz

cinereous
 
That's funny, I thought I tried that one... The freetz (ds-mod) wiki should be altered to reflect this. Now, I see it's already been changed, but it's not very visible: I over read it a number of times;) And modpasswd has been depreciated.

Using the Rudi shell I altered the /var/tmp/shadow entry to a known password and supplemented debug.cfg until I have changed it in the build (there are a few other things I wish change);)
 
Why have you changed the default-paswsword in your buid? once set it should keep saved.
Altering of your passwords you can do with the comands you can find on every linuxsystem, the only difference is, that you have to call modsave to keep them persistent.

For wishes to freetz I think you should open a new thread, an I really think some of the developpers will have a small look ;)

greetz

cinereous
 
modsave... ohh, thanks dude;)

And to the rest: will do!
 
Kostenlos!

Statistik des Forums

Themen
248,919
Beiträge
2,305,084
Mitglieder
378,641
Neuestes Mitglied
quickbooks2026