Configuring Webstar EPX2203 cable modem for SIP

AndyPandy

Neuer User
Mitglied seit
22 Jun 2005
Beiträge
1
Punkte für Reaktionen
0
Punkte
0
As my german is quite bad, I hope you don't mind asking in english:

I'm trying to understand if I can use my Webstar EPX2203 cable modem from Scientific Atlanta for VoIP. However, when reading the manual it just states that the modem finds the provider automatically, whereas my provider states that I need to configure the modem with the right SIP-server and so on. Is this possible? How do I do this? (The data sheet for the modem states that there is a web based configuration tool, but strangely there are no instructions how to access this tool.)

(Recently I changed service provider from one who provides telephony directly to one who doesn't. Instead I have to use a third party provider, and thus I need to configure the modem.)
 
wrong software

usually, the epx2203 have a voip-software that support mgcp. if you want to use sip, you need another software on you modem.
 
Kostenlos!

Statistik des Forums

Themen
248,919
Beiträge
2,305,079
Mitglieder
378,640
Neuestes Mitglied
vapep43913