Direct calls problem

Edward Velo

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hi,

Consider the following situation:

- Fritzbox1 (model 7050, located at my place) is using voipbuster.com to make VOIP calls. It has an entry in its phonebook [email protected] (with Quick-dial code **701) to call Fritz!box2 directly (without using a fixed phone number).

- Fritzbox2 (model 7050, located at another place) is using voipcheap.com to make VOIP calls. It has an entry in its phonebook [email protected] (with Quick-dial code **701) to call Fritz!box1 directly (without using a fixed phone number).

This used to work well (the quality was better compared to calling via the fixed phone number), but suddenly it doesn't work anymore! I get the following error message in the log: "Internettelefonie mit (loginname) über voipcheap.com war nicht erfolgreich. Ursache: Bad request (400)". What can that be? Doesn't Finarea allow internals calls anymore?

Also strange: when I pick up my phone and dial "**", I immediately get some kind of busy (or error?) tone on my phone. Is that normal? Should I just follow with 701 anyway?

PS. Can anyone explain me what the "vanity" code means? What is the difference with the quick-dial code?

Thanks for all the help!

for your main problem I have no idea.
But the tut tut tut after '**' ist normal. It's the internal dial tone. Now you can dial internal extensions an also the short dial codes (7xx).

Vanity number: 0800help == 08004357
You can dial with the additional letters on your phone.

This is funny: from my Finarea accounts, and I not able to call to another Finarea account (I mean directly to [email protected]), but I AM able to call to a user @voipuser.org !

Well, voipuser.org obviously permits external calls to its SIP-URIs... Betamax does not.

--gandalf.

I meant calling from Betamax to Betamax is not working via SIP-URI. Calling from Betamax to voipuser.org IS working...

In that case, you don't call from betamax to voipuser.org, but simply to voipuser.org. Your original provider (of your SIP-URI) is irrelevant for the call.

--gandalf.

gandalf94305 schrieb:
In that case, you don't call from betamax to voipuser.org, but simply to voipuser.org.

No, I am calling from Betamax to voipuser.org. Because on the receiving phone I can see my Betamax phonenumber appearing!

gandalf94305 schrieb:
Your original provider (of your SIP-URI) is irrelevant for the call.

So without any VOIP provider, one can also make SIP calls?!

On my ISDN phone (Tiptel 195) I see which provider is being used for the outgoing call. It's Betamax.

This may or may not be the case. In fact, you may be signalling a local SIP-URI [email protected] (nnnnnnn being a number), and the receiving station interprets this as fixed-line number nnnnnnn. Try with a Fritz!Box Fon ;-)

So, unless you make calls deliberately through a provider, they will go direct and only through the target provider. I am not sure what the softphones of Betamay will do.

How did you make the calls? With what device?

--gandalf.

PS: Yes, you can, of course, make SIP-URI to SIP-URI calls without providers... possibly using ENUM, but not necessarily.

:lach: Well, one never knows what else you have there...

--gandalf.

gandalf94305 schrieb:
This may or may not be the case. In fact, you may be signalling a local SIP-URI [email protected] (nnnnnnn being a number), and the receiving station interprets this as fixed-line number nnnnnnn. Try with a Fritz!Box Fon ;-)

To make things clear: I have setup my voipbuster account so that when I'm dialing-out with it, it sends my mobile phone number along. Voipbuster is the first sip account in my Fritz!box. In my phonebook I have a SIP URI (@voipuser.org) of a colleage, that I can dial with **700. When I do that, I see on my Tiptel 195 phone that voipbuster is being used, and my colleage also sees my mobile phonenumber on his Fritz!box. So I'm quite sure voipbuster is being used to call him.

I just think it's weird that I can not dial to a @voipcheap.com SIP URI that way. So it seems betamax to betamax is not working via SIP URI, but betamax to voipuser.org is working. Strange...

(a related matter of me is on http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?t=117977 )

gandalf94305 schrieb:
So, unless you make calls deliberately through a provider, they will go direct and only through the target provider. I am not sure what the softphones of Betamay will do.

This weekend I will try to make a call to a SIP URI without any VOIP providers in my fritzbox. Actually, I know this is working from a software phone like X-lite, but I wonder if it works with the Fritz!box.

gandalf94305 schrieb:
In that case, you don't call from betamax to voipuser.org, but simply to voipuser.org. Your original provider (of your SIP-URI) is irrelevant for the call.

Actually, this very true! To call to SIP URI's, it doesn't use any SIP provider! But what it does, is using the outgoing number of the SIP provider that is selected as the default one for the Fon that you use.

That is why I was confused that I saw my voipbuster's number appearing on the called phone. But this was just because voipbuster was set as the default SIP provider for Fon1 that I used to dial-out. It didn't use voipbuster. So betamax to external SIP provider is indeed still not working.

See also my message on http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?t=117977

Yeah, the SIP-URI support in the FBF is still a bit rudimentary... there is no direct option to make SIP calls (which would be VERY useful). However, keep in mind that AVM heavily depends on the major providers like 1&1, GMX, freenet, etc. to sell their boxes ;-) so making direct SIP calls too easy would be counterproductive for business :mrgreen:

--gandalf.

Zurzeit aktive Besucher

Neueste Beiträge

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
#Kuddel#
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.