DNS fallback? Alternate DNS servers in DSL?

vpe

Mitglied
Punkte für Reaktionen
DNS fallback? Alternate DNS servers in DSL?

My DSL provider often (2 times per year) have corrupted DNS, how i specify my alternate DNS by hand in FBF (\var\flash\...), not in all computers, mobile devices etc?

If not possible, i use freetz, if exist any way,,,

You can set your alternate DNS servers in ar7.cfg by changing the values of overwrite_dns1 and overwrite_dns2.

Code:
# nvi /var/flash/ar7.cfg
set your alternate DNS server IP's

Code:
overwrite_dns1 = [COLOR=Red]0.0.0.0[/COLOR]
overwrite_dns2 = [COLOR=Red]0.0.0.0[/COLOR]
after :wq in nvi run

Code:
# ar7cfgchanged

thx, and

1) this change source DNS servers for FBF?

2) Or only change DNS servers served via DHCP protocol to connected FBF clients (LAN & WAN)?

If you already use Freetz, you could also use dnsmasq, which substitutes AVMs DHCP- and DNS-server. With dnsmasq you have a lot of options to configure DHCP- and DNS-behavior in your network.

These options might be interesting for you:
Code:
no-resolv
server=8.8.8.8
server=8.8.4.4
dhcp-option=6,192.168.178.1,192.168.178.2
The first one tells dnsmasq not to use your providers DNS, second and third one tell dnsmasq to to use googles DNS instead, last one configures, which DNS clients get from DHCP.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
hello, no i not use freetz in this FBF

and my previous 1) question mean this:
if i write overwrite_dns1=8.8.8.8 into ar7.cfg, self FBF (Fritz VoIP damenon, VPN etc. for example) resolve Domain names? Or only serve 8.8.8.8 to LAN/WLAN clients via DHCP? Sure, better is first situation, but i not sure :)

and last - how part in ar7.cfg file is best place for this additon of
Code:
overwrite_dns1=8.8.8.8
know anyone?

Thx.

You can set your alternate DNS servers in ar7.cfg by changing the values of overwrite_dns1 and overwrite_dns2.

Code:
# nvi /var/flash/ar7.cfg
set your alternate DNS server IP's

Code:
overwrite_dns1 = [COLOR=Red]0.0.0.0[/COLOR]
overwrite_dns2 = [COLOR=Red]0.0.0.0[/COLOR]
after :wq in nvi run

Code:
# ar7cfgchanged

this works perfectly with my older 7140 on ADSL (and now using it as a WLAN hotspot on the LAN)

but on the 7390 and on VDSL I am not able to change the DNS server (i.e. to OpenDNS). I always see the DNS server used from the provider.

I also tried with the setting (in ar7.cfg right at the top)
Code:
dhcpc_use_static_dns = yes;
but that did not help.

any idea? is this simply not working on the 7390 (FW: 84.04.86)?

thanks for any pointer

dan

PS. freetz is not yet installed on my 7390. I admit I have compiled the branch, but I have not yet tried it on my 7390. Seems still in development.

PS2. geht auch in deutsch. habs nur english geschrieben weil der thread in englisch war

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
sirius5
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.