Email missed calls?

Edward Velo

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hi,

Is there an easy way to send an email, when there is a missed call on FreePBX?

Thanks!

Of course I've tried that before asking my question here :)
But unfortunately I couldn't get it to work...
That is why I was asking here if anyone has something like this running.

What exactly is the problem with the module? Is it not available in the GUI or does it not work? Could You just post a CLI-Output of a missed call.

I installed the module, and I see the "Missed Call Notification" area in the extension, where I can enable it and specify an email address for this specific extension.
However, I can't find where to enter the SMTP server.

Also, since I am using a ring group to all my extensions, I would still get a missed call notification if someone picks up the call on another extension. I would like to have the notification when no one picks it up.

Thanks!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Ok.
As far as I see in the module, for ringgroups the MissedCall-Feature should be configured within the group. If this still fails, some additions are necessary within the module, this needs to be checked then.
The SMTP-Server is not configurable from the module itself. It uses the mail-Command to deliver the mail:

Code:
execif('$["${DB_EXISTS(AMPGROUP/${NODEST}/email)}"=="1" & "${DIALSTATUS}" == "CANCEL" & "${OUTBOUND_GROUP}" == "" & "${DIAL_TRUNK}" == "" & "${RingGroupMethod}" != "none"]','System','echo "" | mail -s "MissedCallGroup (${NODEST}) - ${CALLERID(name)} <${CALLERID(num)}>" ${DB(AMPGROUP/${NODEST}/email)}')

The mail-Command itself sends the mail to the MTA running on the host it executes on. Thus the global SMTP-parameters take place.

Thanks for your reply! FreePBX is already sending me emails (module upgrades, new unsigned modules notifications, etc), so it shoudl work then - but it doesn't.

Also, in ring groups I don't see any "missed call notification" area.

This module is not maintained anymore, unfortunately.

This is what I get when I have a missed call:
Code:
[2015-11-09 15:34:31] VERBOSE[2129][C-00000000] pbx.c: Executing [s@sub-missedcallnotify:1] ExecIf("PJSIP/Trunk1-00000000", "0?System(echo "" | mail -s "MissedCall () - ************** <04*********>" )") in new stack
[2015-11-09 15:34:31] VERBOSE[2129][C-00000000] pbx.c: Executing [s@sub-missedcallnotify:2] ExecIf("PJSIP/Trunk1-00000000", "0?System(echo "" | mail -s "MissedCallGroup (6400) - *************** <04*********>" )") in new stack
Does that help?
(I replaced names and numbers with '*')

The condition is not reached in the example: ExecIf gives 0 which means, that the command is not executed. The example shows nothing about the reasons.
You need to dig into the values used for the ExecIf (see post 5). Another interesting thing: The receiver of the potential mail is not gathered, you should check the value of AMPGROUP/${NODEST}/email in the Asterisk-DB (In this special example it is AMPGROUP/6400/email.

I can see /AMPUSER/6001/missedcallnotify/email and /AMPUSER/6001/missedcallnotify/status both filled in, in the AstDB.

However, I don't see any such fields for the Ring Group 6400.

Also, above it's written AMPGROUP/${NODEST}/email
shouldn't there also be a /missedcallnotify/ in there?

Thanks!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
In case of a ring group, the logic doesn't seem to check missedcallnotify and - it seems, that the keys used within the DB are different ones than for single calls.

However, now we are far away from a peer support which may be given here in the forum. I suggested You to directly dig into the problems, but as I understood, this is not acceptable from Your perspective.

At this point I can't do anything more for You here.

Can anyone please install this module, and see if it works for them?
See http://svn.freepbx.org/contributed_modules/modules/missedcallnotify/

Thanks a lot!

PS. found some more: http://www.adslgr.com/forum/archive/index.php?t-866336.html (need Google Translate :)
they write to edit /var/www/html/admin/modules/missedcallnotify/functions.inc.php and change both in line 68 + line 69:

'System', 'echo "" | mail -s "Missed
change to
'System', 'mail -s "Missed

/ email)} '));
change to
/ email)} </ dev / null '));

but unfortunately the problem is still the same...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.