FB 7170 not ring

tibor23

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Dear Sir,

Sorry to write in English, but my German is about zero. I bought a FB 7170 from ebay.de, which was successfully upgraded to the latest ENGLISH firmware (29.04.57). All function working now in order (ADSL modem, router, Wlan, outgoing calls on VOIP and analog line, call directions) expect the ringing on incoming calls (not for VOIP and neither PSTN). I use the original Y cable for ADSL/ tel. line input (1-8 pins at the end of tel. cable) which must be good. I use only one analog phone on line 1. (I have heard 2 times a very little (0,2 sec?)irregular ring from the phone, but not for an incoming call.)
I can see the incoming calls on the leds (on FB), and can speak and hear the other side.
Settings: > extensions: React to all numbers, no night service, etc.
I have overlooked the setting 100 times, and I can't find any fault.

I am very helpless now. Can anybody help me what to do and what is wrong?

Hello,

I use the original Y cable for ADSL/ tel. line input (1-8 pins at the end of tel. cable) which must be good.
Are you sure the pinout of the connectors are the same as in Germany? Otherwise using this cable may cause problems.

I use only one analog phone on line 1.
Does this phone work properly directly in the tel. line input?

I can see the incoming calls on the leds (on FB), and can speak and hear the other side.
Do I understand this right? You can perform a call with your phone, talk to the other side without problems, only the (bell) ringing of the phone does not work?
The Fritzbox was designed for German phones, and I can remember, that the output voltages for the bell signal is not that high. Maybe this voltage is to low for your phone in order to bring the bell to ring. Is it possible to try another phone?

kind regards

Frank

Dear Frank,

Thank you for your kind reply.

I took out my oscilloscope, and tested line of fon1 over ringing. I have seen the ring signal! Replaced the wire between telephone and the box, and now the telephone is RINGING! :p (It's interesting, because all functions worked except the ringing, and the cable is good for continuity test)
So now I can assemble our home tel. network. I would like to integrate the intercom to fon3. Is it possible?

Kind regards,
Tibor from Hungary

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.