.titleBar { margin-bottom: 5px!important; }

FB SL WLAN firmware upgrade to 09.04.15 -> error 404

Dieses Thema im Forum "FRITZ!Box tot? Recover, Firmware Up-/ Downgrade" wurde erstellt von WhiteKnight, 8 Dez. 2006.

  1. WhiteKnight

    WhiteKnight Neuer User

    Registriert seit:
    8 Dez. 2006
    Beiträge:
    2
    Zustimmungen:
    0
    Punkte für Erfolge:
    0
    Dear All,

    Sorry for writing in English.

    I have got the following problem:

    I have decided to make my old FritzBox SL WLAN working with Annex A provider equipment.

    First I have changed the Annex from A to B like it was described here:
    Converting a German targeted Fritz!Box Fon Wlan to an International version (167)
    The box switched to Annex A but unfortunately the type of equipement also changed - I have used HWRevision 77. When I have tried to upgrade the firmware (the box was not used for about 1 year and this was outdated) it rejected the native image. After that I have put the HWrevision to 60 (again, via ftp). This has allowed to upgrade the firmware to the latest version. I have set Annex to A, just giving "quote SETENV annex,A" via ftp.

    After reboot of the box I have found that the web interface of the box is no longer working. However, the box is functioning and connects to the provider - it seems that the login data were not affected by flashing. When I am entering 192.168.178.1 by browser I see " 404 Not Found ERR_NOT_FOUNDAR7 Webserver Sun, 08 Sep 2002 12:31:33 GMT" message.

    Is there anything which I have done incorrectly and any way to fix the problem? Perhaps it is possible to roll back to the previous firmware version - so if anybody knows where these files are stored please let me know. AVM seems to have only the latest release online.

    Danke, Alex
     
  2. WhiteKnight

    WhiteKnight Neuer User

    Registriert seit:
    8 Dez. 2006
    Beiträge:
    2
    Zustimmungen:
    0
    Punkte für Erfolge:
    0
    :rock: Problem solved:rock:
    After some night meditation, the solution was born.

    It turns out that the roots of my problem are that I have changed the HWrevision, language version and annex. At least the first 2 are used for identification by the recovery software from AVM site.

    The problem with web interface error is that its English variant was removed in last firmwares. I have set firmware_version to avm (which means german) and everything became ok.

    firmware_version,avme which is recommended in the link in the first post sets the language to English - which is not available and that puts the webserver to frustration.

    To change annex it is just necessary to give
    quote SETENV annex,A
    command to ADAM2 server.

    Just for the information, these commands restores the identification of Frits!Box SL WLAN:
    quote SETENV annex,B
    quote SETENV HWRevision,60
    quote SETENV ProductID,Fritz_Box_SL_WLAN
    quote SETENV firmware_version,avm


    Theoretically it is possible to switch the interface to English by making some sort of hack of filesystem in firmware - e.g. implant the interface from the box with factory English interface, such as FON WLAN. I shall not do this myself in the nearest future due to lack of time.