Hi,
Sorry about the English, my German is hmm,...
I recently purchased a Fritz!Box 7050 and I want to use it with my VOIPBUSTER-account.
I have a normal analog (PSTN) fixed line on which I have a ADSL account (3.3Mbps). Line quality is normally sufficient (SNR margin around 12dB, Line attenuation 40dB) so the problem shouldn't be situated there.
Physical setup: on my telephone connection I have an ADSL filter (with a wire going to the ADSL entry of the fritzbox) and a normal telephone jack (with a wire going to the life line jack on the box). My DECT base station is plugged in to FON1. I use WLAN connection to connect with my PC. A normal, typical setup, I guess.
Problems I encountered:
- Incoming calls : when people call me using our fixed line number (obviously, since I don't have an internet number), the DSL signal is generally lost after around 1 minute. During the conversation, the line is re-established by the Fritz!Box and starts working again. Even if the phone call lasts for 1 hour or more...
- Outgoing calls: 9 times out of 10, the call is disconnected after around 1-2 minutes (and yes, I have enough credit on my account Wink ). I don't know how much bandwith a normal phonecall uses, but I don't think that this has something to do with it, since 'normal' downloading at full speed works like a charm...
- Outgoing calls (2): when I'm making a phonecall using VOIPBUSTER and someone else tries to call me, that person doesn't get the 'busy' signal. How do I make him get the busy signal?
If someone encountered the same problems, please let me know how (if) you solved them... To all others: I'm open to any suggestion.
tia
Sorry about the English, my German is hmm,...
I recently purchased a Fritz!Box 7050 and I want to use it with my VOIPBUSTER-account.
I have a normal analog (PSTN) fixed line on which I have a ADSL account (3.3Mbps). Line quality is normally sufficient (SNR margin around 12dB, Line attenuation 40dB) so the problem shouldn't be situated there.
Physical setup: on my telephone connection I have an ADSL filter (with a wire going to the ADSL entry of the fritzbox) and a normal telephone jack (with a wire going to the life line jack on the box). My DECT base station is plugged in to FON1. I use WLAN connection to connect with my PC. A normal, typical setup, I guess.
Problems I encountered:
- Incoming calls : when people call me using our fixed line number (obviously, since I don't have an internet number), the DSL signal is generally lost after around 1 minute. During the conversation, the line is re-established by the Fritz!Box and starts working again. Even if the phone call lasts for 1 hour or more...
- Outgoing calls: 9 times out of 10, the call is disconnected after around 1-2 minutes (and yes, I have enough credit on my account Wink ). I don't know how much bandwith a normal phonecall uses, but I don't think that this has something to do with it, since 'normal' downloading at full speed works like a charm...
- Outgoing calls (2): when I'm making a phonecall using VOIPBUSTER and someone else tries to call me, that person doesn't get the 'busy' signal. How do I make him get the busy signal?
If someone encountered the same problems, please let me know how (if) you solved them... To all others: I'm open to any suggestion.
tia