[FRAGE]Is it possible to make outgoing calls through GMX without registration?

tommmy.leee

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
hello,
is this possible to make outgoing calls thru GMX without registration at the registrar?
i have GMX_Phone_Flat but dont need any additional telephone number and therefore i would like use this Phone_Flat as "call-by-call" with on-call authorization...
any idea how to do so?
regards,
Slava

Hi, Slava!

I seperated this from the original thread because that one is getting quite cluttered, and your question is very much worth a new thread.

As I'm always registered with my GMX account, I can't contribute here, I'm afraid. I would think it depends on the client. Some clients allow this "call-by-call" approach, others don't. So you should give some more information about the hard- and/or software, you intend to use for this.

I just checked this question on my Asterisk Server and with my Grandstream GXP2000.

There is no need to do a SIP Registration in advance to place a call on a GMX VoIP account.

@RBf the answer to this question is independent from the soft- / hardware that is used. The possibility to place such calls without registration depends on the SIP-server and its configuration. But some VoIP-devices do not offer the possibility to switch registration on or off.

betateilchen schrieb:
But some VoIP-devices do not offer the possibility to switch registration on or off.
That's exactly what I meant :)

tommmy.leee schrieb:
hello,
sorry my 5 cents - i have ordered GMX_Flat_Phone as well but i dislike that i need to use the only possible VoIP-account at my AVM 5012 for fake registration at GMX registrar (i mean no incoming calls from VoIP because i do not need additonal numbers and do not need to use my [email protected] for incoming VoIP calls as well).
is this possible to use GMX as "call-by-call" without being permanently registered at their registrar?
thank you!
regards,
Slava
1. the 5012 should be able to handle up to 10 VoIP-Accounts at the same time. So you can register at another VoIP service simultaneously.
2. you are aware, that calls from other users of the 1&1/GMX/WEBde VoIP-Service (all UnitedInternet VoIP services) are connected to you by Internet/VoIP only. If someone calls your number and it is found on the VoIP-server of the companys named above, tha call will be routed to you via internet and not using the Telekom landline. But in this case the call is free for everyone, regardless if you have Phone-Flat or not. So also a nice feature for you friends using GMX (or 1&1, S&P, WEBde) without Flat.

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.