Fragen zum ENUM-Patch

Ich denke nicht, dass du die 16 MB Firmware einfach auf deine 8 MB Box flashen solltest.

MfG Oliver

So lang push_firmware oder ein Recover funktioniert, sollte das kein Problem darstellen ;)

I can also confirm that I have enum on my 7270v2 with new international .76 firmware. I didn't test it yet.

Little off topic : How could I set fritzbox so that other ENUM enabled hardware can reach me. I know...set dyndns...than new provider...but what would be the data of that new provider and what do I publish as my enum number ??...I find that on old fritz you could check wheter to register or not your internet nuber...I don't see that option on new fritz 7270 ??.
Hope you can help me so I could try the real ENUM ...call and recive calls.

Thanks

Haven't tested It but it should be possible even without enum that you enter in fritz phonebook your friend's sip adress instead of their real nubers and call them directly to the sip...via **701 or something...going around enum lookup and going around telephony provider...they could call you very same way if fritz can be reached via sip number

@meanstreak: Would you be so nice to test if ENUM really works in your firmware? It is very simple, just enable the ENUM-Lookup in AVMs Webinterface and try to call +437200101011. If it works, you will hear some melody, if not you will not get any connection. In both cases this call doesn´t cost you anything.
When you make this call, choose a phone, which has a voip-number as default number.

Here is a very good explaination of how ENUM works and what you need to do, if you want to use it, but it is in german... Very short summary: You need a dyndns-address and the username of one of your existing voip-accounts. Then look for a registry, where you can map your telephone-number to your sip-uri <username>@<dyndns-address>. In theory this is all you need...

@olistudent & Silent-Tears: Bevor ich das Risiko eingehe, mir die Box zu zerschiessen, warte ich jetzt erstmal, ob meanstreak eine Rückmeldung geben kann. Ob es wirklich riskant ist, da seid ihr euch ja offensichtlich nicht einig... Aber eine Frage hätte ich trotzdem: Wenn ich in freetz für die 7270 die internationale FW auswähle, wird ja automatisch die 16MB-Option mit aktiviert. Was passiert, wenn ich nach dem make menuconfig in der .config die 16MB wieder deaktiviere? Müsste dabei zumindest theoretisch eine funktionierende Firmware rauskommen, die kein Problem mit den "nur" 8MB hat? Oder gibts da noch weitere Abhängigkeiten etc. zu beachten? Oder reicht es evtl. sogar die Firmware klein genug zu machen? Steckt die genaue Aufteilung des Speichers nur in den Environment-Variablen oder auch irgendwo in der Firmware?
Ok, das war jetzt mehr als eine Frage... Sorry!

Die steckt vor allem in der Box die Partitionsaufteilung. Ich meinte übrigens, dass ein recover imemr funktioniert, es ergo nicht wirklich gefährlich ist.... Zumindest nicht grossartig :D

Du kannst es ganz einfach testen ob es funktioniert.
So einfach kann ich das leider nicht testen. Die Box steht nicht bei mir, und dann ist die auch noch über WDS an eine andere Box über SIP-Registrar angeschlossen. Wählt man dort also die ENUM-Nummer, geht das nur ganz normal über Festnetz oder VoIP der anderen Box ohne ENUM raus.

Bei Gelegenheit könnte ich das mal anders konfigurieren und testen. Das dauert aber noch...

@meanstreak: Would you be so nice to test if ENUM really works in your firmware? It is very simple, just enable the ENUM-Lookup in AVMs Webinterface and try to call +437200101011. If it works, you will hear some melody, if not you will not get any connection. In both cases this call doesn´t cost you anything.
When you make this call, choose a phone, which has a voip-number as default number.

Here is a very good explaination of how ENUM works and what you need to do, if you want to use it, but it is in german... Very short summary: You need a dyndns-address and the username of one of your existing voip-accounts. Then look for a registry, where you can map your telephone-number to your sip-uri <username>@<dyndns-address>. In theory this is all you need

Unfortunately ENUM doesn't work in international firmare .76. I did call your number but did not recive any answer.

Maybe Fritz support ENUM trough VOIP provider, and provider that I am using is does not support ENUM.

How I tested :
I used analog phone on FON 1 extension. That phone is set up to automaticly dial outgoing calls over Voip number ( except otherwise stated in dialing rules).

I enabled enum and dialed 00437200101011...phone ring I hear for a while and then a busy signal.

In call log I see that 00437200101011 was called over my voip number ...over a provider that does not support ENUM.
I tried also to set up a dialing rule to call numbers starting with 00 with "Internet automaticly"... but same thing...

In my opinion Enum probably work but by means that Fritzbox makes lookup but when phonecall needs to be established it goes not SIP to SIP directly but over your Voip Phone number...If I could only set up imaginary Voip provider over which I would be able to call and recive calls over ENUM I think it could work. Anyone have Ideas how to do so so I can try.

This also concludes another problem...how to register your number on ENUM. One thing is having dyndns set. But to register it you need some adress like [email protected] ... and fritz somehow registerd to that adres ...ready to recive calls...how to do that ?

This also concludes another problem...how to register your number on ENUM. One thing is having dyndns set. But to register it you need some adress like [email protected] ... and fritz somehow registerd to that adres ...ready to recive calls...how to do that ?

That is just another VoIP phone number with name = "xxx" and registrar = "yourdyndns.com".

@meanstreak: First of all thank you for testing! To make your Fritzbox "ready to receive calls" you don´t need any more voip-accounts. Just take one of those you already use! The sip-address you need to register for ENUM is <username>@<yourdyndns>. Take the username (not telephone-number!) of one voip-account and thats it!

@Freetz-Entwickler: Ok, wenn ENUM auch in der internationalen FW nicht mehr funktioniert, bleibt nur noch die Möglichkeit, die Funktion irgendwie aus einer alten FW zurück in die neue FW zu basteln oder den ENUM-Patch für neuere Boxen zu deaktivieren. Oder seht ihr noch eine Variante?

Bezüglich ersterem habe ich gerade mal was ausprobiert:
Da früher die Syslog-Meldungen zur ENUM-Abfrage immer vom voipd kamen, hab ich einfach mal das voipd-Binary aus der .59er FW rausgeholt, in meinem aktuellen (Trunk, r3777) Freetz-Verzeichnis in root/bin abgelegt, die Zugriffsrechte angepasst, make aufgerufen und das ganze auf die Box geladen. Leider registrieren sich bei diesem Image dann die VoIP-Accounts nicht mehr. Ganz so einfach scheint es also nicht zu sein. Leider fehlt mir das Wissen und die Ideen, wie ich die Ursachen finde, an denen es genau hakt.

Wenn ihr also Ideen habt, was ich ausprobieren kann oder soll, immer her damit!

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.