Freetz install issue - constant reboots and no web.

pepsi_max2k

Neuer User
Mitglied seit
27 Mai 2008
Beiträge
31
Punkte für Reaktionen
0
Punkte
0
Hey all, I've just been trying out different firmwares and have a problems with the Freetz one I've just installed. Here's what I've done so far:

Started with a 1und1 annex B 5050. Changed it to annex A and avm branding, then installed massinge's 5050_EN_04.36_alpa-b0.3.rar custom english 5050 firmware (see this). Then changed branding to avme. This all went fine (mostly).

Yesterday I compiled a mostly default freetz image, with 5050 / de / avm main options (plus extra calllist and nano modules, and english mod language). Having changed the custom firmware back to avm and using default settings, I uploaded the image (5050_04.31-freetz-1.0.de.... .image) via the web interface.

It now reboots every minute (power light flashes for a min, then all lights flash once) and I can't access the web interface. I have ftp access and have tried changing the firmware_version to both avm and 1und1 (both were selected with freetz menuconfig), and also changed it back to annex B, and I still can't access the web. It does dhcp me an IP though (192.168.178.20) before it reboots, so it seems like just the web interface that's not working. I also got an error message in the web page saying something like "internal connection error (login ...) " but only once, and i don't know if it was my pc or the frtizbox that caused it.

No cables other than power and an ethernet cable are connected, and it's currently reporting firmware_version 1und1, firmware_info 12.04.31, kernel_args annex=B.

Anyone know what might be causing the problem? Anyway to fix or should I just recover the avm firmware?
 
The message "internal connection error (login ...)" comes from the box. The usual cause for this is that ctlmgr is not running on the box. But the newer firmware versions have ctlmgr also as the web server, so they would not show any message when ctlmgr isn't running.
 
well i only got that message once, the rest of the time it just didn't load anything. but if that is the problem, is there a way to get ctlmgr running? would it have been caused by compiling freetz wrong? or would it be because i downgraded from what looked like a custom 04.36 firmware (that's what massinge's reported in the web interface) back to a 04.31 freetz version? and would it cause all the reboots? and would recovering the normal firmware fix things? sorry for all the questions :)

edit: it was Internal communication error (login -1). Exiting.

edit 2: going to 192.168.178.1:81 pops up a password box after a while, i think it's freetz / freetz but after entering that it either does nothing or just asks for password again :|
 
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
There is a known problem with TR-069 active and the SSL-libraries replaced. If this is the cause, you may want to deactivet TR-069. You may need to recover first.
 
admin/freetz
 
>> admin/freetz

ok, it actually loads stuff now, although very slowly. I can see the freetz-1.0 heading and the sidebar but that's as far as it gets before rebooting. not seen any output from the normal web interface (:80) though.

>> you may want to deactivet TR-069.

is that a compile option? simple to deactivate? and does it cause the kind of problem i've described (constant reboots and no web access?).

>> You may need to recover first.

How do I do this? Do I just run make recover?
 
AVM should offer a recover.exe for your box.

TR-069 is configured in /var/flash/tr069.cfg

It may be enough to not replace libssl and libcrypto (and remove all packages that require these libraries).

As this is just a guess, it may also be something different.
 
Ok so I need to change the line "enabled = yes;" to enabled = no;" in /var/flash/tr069.cfg.

Thing is, I don't seem able to get telnet access while it's on, and I don't think I can edit things via adam2, so the only other option is editing that before the thing's compiled. Anyone know how to do that? Or any other way I can edit the file without telnet access?


FWIW I've got it flashed back to regular AVM firmware now with the recover.exe tool.
 
I think first you should build a small image without ssl-libraries to avoid the tr069-stuff.

At least dropbear should be included for your console-access.
 
>> I think first you should build a small image without ssl-libraries to avoid the tr069-stuff.

If I do that by "make menuconfig" > Advance Options > Shared Libraries > Crypto & SSL then everything under SSL is already unticked, infact there's not a single thing under shared libaries that is ticked :|

>> At least dropbear should be included for your console-access.

would it work if telnet / web wasn't? plus I might have some space issues anyway, the last image I compiled with more than a couple packages selected said the image was too big :(

>> or you can use the AVM recover.exe and disable TR-069.

I've already used the recover and it's working fine with the normal firmware now, and TR-069 seems to be disabled by default.
 
Solved this by chosing the Replace AVM web server by httpd option from the patches menu in make menuconfig. Also had to ensure I had both the 1&1 and AVM branding options included otherwise the firmware wouldn't flash at all.
 
Kostenlos!

Statistik des Forums

Themen
248,918
Beiträge
2,305,051
Mitglieder
378,640
Neuestes Mitglied
vapep43913