Freetz on a 7340

patrickdonker

Neuer User
Mitglied seit
11 Aug 2010
Beiträge
4
Punkte für Reaktionen
0
Punkte
0
Hi Peeps,
I've just received a brand new 7340 from my telco, but am unhappy with the possibilities it gives me in comparison with my old dd-wrt.
Anyone knows if Freetz runs on a 7340?

Thanks
Patrick
 
Hi,

If I'm right, the 7340 is the little sister from the 7390. So you might find a possibility here:Freetz für die 7390?
But ... it's german ...

Btw: welkome to the forum :)
 
Hey, thanks for your prompt reply :)
I'll check the thread you suggested. Reading German is no problem, writing on the other hand :gruebel:
 
I've got the same problem with english :lach:

reading = yes
speaking = maybe
writing = a bit
 
Is there a firmware download for the 7340 available on the AVM ftp. Without this we can't add it.

Regards
Oliver
 
An image could be build via a dump though.
 
Like Oliver said: We can not add support for this box while no download on avm ftp server is present.
 
Is there any way I can help to make Freetz work on my 7340? Chatty mentioned a dump, is that usefull and how do I do that?
 
Don't get me wrong, but if you are not pretty good in linux, cross-compiling etc you won't be able to go "this way".

You may want to take a look here (in german) and find some information about dumping the "partitions" ("mtd") of the box. This will make it (theoretically) possible to get an "pseudo-firmware" which could be processed by freetz.
BUT at this moment, even support for the 7390 is still in an early stage, and you would (if as expected the 7340 is similar to the 7390) need to adopt this branch for this new box...

It might be an easier way to try to run the box with an image of the 7390 (you will find some threads about this for other boxes in the forum), but as long there is no other one with this box, you will be on your own there, too.
BTW: Is this box made for annex "A" or "B"?

Regards

Jörg
 
If you're not a guru (yet), I'd recommend the ruKernelTool for your dumping/restoring pleasure. This way you could dump your current firmware and try (as Jörg suggested) the 7390 firmware.

And Speedport2Fritz is able to generate normal firmwares and recover images. This might help in creating the supposed file.
 
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Guys, thanks for your input.
I am quite happy and familiar with Linux, so I don't foresee problems building an image. I'll try the links you suggested and will most certainly report my findings here!
 
Hi Jörg,

You asked of this 7340 box support Annex A or B: Both actually :-)

This box supports VDSL2, ADSL, ADSL2 and ADSL2+ all with Annex A or B (the installation wizard asks you to select between them).

I just switched over from my old "freetz-ed" 7170 to this original Fritz!Box 7340, which I just got from my Dutch ISP (xs4all.nl).

I hope to see a bit more regarding this modem/router, like freetz support, in the near future too :-)

Regards,

Eric
 
Afaik the 7340 is similar to 7240, 1 und 1 branded, voip-only model.
 
I just found the device here, same as the 7320 new 1&1 customers get in Germany at the moment except for the phone socket positions. But for the 7320 there is at least a manual available, but no firmware download.
 
The 7320 and 7340 are not the same and they have different processors and the 7340 is the little brother of the 7390. The 7320 only supports up to ADSL+.

The 7340 support fixed line and even phone over annex B and VDSL over annex A at the same time.

Since the 25th we have a preview version of the new firmware that that has almost the same numbering as the 7390. The version is: FRITZ.Box_7340_Preview_99.04.85-18148.zip and it contains the new web-interface in German and English.
 
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Ich hab die 7340 im 7390 Branch hinzugefügt. http://trac.freetz.org/changeset/5658
Die Images müssen per Hand nach dl/fw kopiert werden.

Warum hast du den Download-Link wieder gelöscht? Ist doch ein offizieller von AVM oder?

MfG Oliver
 
Hallo Oliver, danke für die Branch und ich werde erst mal die Freetz für die 7170 probieren weil die jetzt als backup dient.

Ich habe die link die ich dir geschickt habe nicht in meinem ersten posting geschrieben weil er noch nicht auf die normale FTP vom AVM war.

Seit gestern kann man die extra software auch finden auf die AVM website in Deutsch.
 
Hi,

I have also received a 7340 router from my provider here in the NL, I have been using the 7170 very happily with a freetz image the last 2 years which I compiled with the help of this forum, especially Oliver. I now would like to run the 7340 with a freetz image.
I have compiled the image using an alternative source for the current stable image. (FRITZ.Box_Fon_WLAN_7340.AnnexB.en-de-es-it-fr.99.04.86.image) This is available via the Dutch xs4all provider HERE It was also necessary to amend some of the patches in the source (line shifts, and small changes in the html text) when I compiled.
I can pass these on if someone is interested.

Now the image is compiled I am wondering if there is a recovery possibility, if something should go wrong during the flashing process, or something is incorrect in the image. I cannot find a recovery.exe image for this model and the Dutch AVM representatives can only quote that this is an OEM product so no recovery is available :(.

Is there any other options that I can use if something should go wrong ? Thanks for any assistance ...
 
Can you please try latest trunk? I bumped 7340 firmware version.

There are two scripts in tools, recover-eva and push_firmware. With these tools it's possible to flash the original firmware over bootloader ftp. There are also GUI tools available, e.g. rukerneltool (http://www.rainerullrich.de/ruKernelTool.html)

Regards
Oliver
 
Kostenlos!

Statistik des Forums

Themen
248,924
Beiträge
2,305,292
Mitglieder
378,651
Neuestes Mitglied
rehe992