Fritz 6.01, freetz and 7360 (intl)

GeertJan

Neuer User
Mitglied seit
8 Jan 2014
Beiträge
1
Punkte für Reaktionen
0
Punkte
0
Hi,

Apologies for writing in English on a German forum - I can read German, just can't write it well enough, and I'm keen to post in the German forum as you have the most experience with various hardware sub-versions and their differences

As we all know. AVM recently released 6.01 for various devices. For the 7360, which is used in NL,
there is no 6.01 source tarball in http://ftp://ftp.avm.de/fritz.box/fritzbox.fon_wlan_7360/x_misc/opensrc/, just source for older releases (5.20, 5.50, 5.51)

Fritz 6.x is important as the DSL code includes vectoring support which the telco is gradually deploying.

There is a 6.0 tarball for the 7360_sl, but not for the 7360. Is the difference just a few missing components and a different hardware-ID, that is, can I use the 7360_SL tarball to create a 7360 image?

I'm kind of keen to build myself a 6.01 Freetz image for the 7360, but so far there seems to be a persistent misunderstanding with AVM, who claims the tarball is there.

Thanks,

Geert Jan
 
The URL you posted is the Open Source Package from AVM. It includes the kernel source and others. This is not neccessary to build a running Freetz image. Without it you can't build an own kernel. But you can use the AVM one provided in the firmware image.

Regards
Oliver
 
Kostenlos!

Statistik des Forums

Themen
248,918
Beiträge
2,305,051
Mitglieder
378,640
Neuestes Mitglied
vapep43913