[Problem] Fritz!box 7390 - Push Firmware - problem - remote host refused connection

Jergen

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hello,

I am trying to flash 7390 with the new firmware.
Because I newbie, so for the beginning I added only one additional package: inadyn-mt.

Unfortunately, there is no possibility to flash router using the option in original software. That is why I tried with push_firmware.

The problem is that the "remote host refused connection".
What is the reason? Could you please help me? Thank you in advance.
Code:
freetz@freetz-linux:~/freetz-ng/tools$ ./push_firmware /home/freetz/freetz-ng/images/7390.image -f -ip 192.168.88.139

* Analyzing '/home/freetz/freetz-ng/images/7390.image' ...

* Using command: ncftpput
* Target host: 192.168.88.139
* Outgoing IP: 192.168.88.140
* Flash mode: single-boot
* File: /home/freetz/freetz-ng/images/7390.image

* You should now reboot your box (192.168.88.139). Waiting for shut down.
   Switch off, if reboot is not detected because it happens too quickly.
   Some newer bootloader versions allow to flash on power-cycle only.
* No reply from box, assuming switch-off or restart. Trying to re-detect box.
   Waiting ........................................ found!

* Box is back up again, initiating transfer.

LibNcFTP 3.2.5 (January 17, 2011) compiled for linux-x86_64-glibc2.27
Uname: Linux|freetz-linux|5.4.0-31-generic|#35-Ubuntu SMP Thu May 7 20:20:34 UTC 2020|x86_64
Contents of /etc/debian_version:
  bullseye/sid
Contents of /etc/issue:
  Ubuntu 20.04 LTS \n \l
Glibc: 2.31 (stable)
Could not connect to 192.168.88.139: Connection refused.
Sleeping 20 seconds.
Retry Number: 1
Sleeping 20 seconds.
Retry Number: 2
ncftpput: cannot open 192.168.88.139: remote host refused connection.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hello, do you know this german tutorial?
see:

1. #3 Hinweise und Voraussetzungen für PowerShell unter Windows
    . . . Powerschell> Set-ExecutionPolicy -Scope CurrentUser -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

2. #5 Bootloader (EVA) per FTP erreichen
    . . . shell> ftp 192.168.178.1

3. Download the "eva_tools" (https://github.com/PeterPawn/YourFritz/tree/master/eva_tools)

4. #7 PowerShell für Windows - Flash-Methode für Modelle mit NOR- oder eMMC-Speicher
Rich (BBCode):
Powershell>. c:\YourFritz\master\signimage\FirmwareImage.ps1
[FirmwareImage]::new("c:\YourFritz\Images\firmware.image").extractMemberAndRemoveChecksum("./var/tmp/kernel.image", "c:\YourFritz\Images\kernel.image")
Powershell> c:\YourFritz\master\eva_tools\EVA-FTP-Client.ps1 -Verbose -Debug -ScriptBlock { UploadFlashFile c:\YourFritz\Images\kernel.image mtd1 }
Powershell> c:\YourFritz\master\eva_tools\EVA-FTP-Client.ps1 -ScriptBlock { RebootTheDevice }

I hope it can help you.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Reaktionen: Ice Minelandr
Vollzitate sind unerwünscht, vorallem wenn diese ihren Ursprung genau darüber haben - siehe Boardregeln - by stoney
[/CODE]

I hope it can help you.
Hello,
Thank you for your feedback.
Do you know the English tutorial for windows?

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
What method do you suggest to me under the windows?

So far, with "push_firmware" I got below result:
Code:
freetz@freetz-linux:~/freetz-ng/tools$ ./push_firmware /home/freetz/freetz-ng/images/7390_06.86.int_freetz-ng-16781-40d0e0a27_20200523-144611.image

* Analyzing '/home/freetz/freetz-ng/images/7390_06.86.int_freetz-ng-16781-40d0e0a27_20200523-144611.image' ...

* Target host: 192.168.178.1
 * Outgoing IP: 192.168.178.21

!!! WARNING !!! WARNING !!! WARNING !!! WARNING !!! WARNING !!!
 !!!  THERE IS NO WARRANTY AT ALL !!! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK   !!!

* Are you sure, that you want to flash this file to the device?
   /home/freetz/freetz-ng/images/7390_06.86.int_freetz-ng-16781-40d0e0a27_20200523-144611.image
   Proceed? (y/[n]) y

* You should now reboot your box (192.168.178.1). Waiting for shut down.

Waiting ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

...!!! WARNING !!! WARNING !!! WARNING !!! WARNING !!! WARNING !!! !!! THERE IS NO WARRANTY AT ALL !!!
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK !!! ...
Did you have sucess? If not, stop it.
It seems that you should stop doing it in this kind.
There is no chance of a quick fix. You have to read until you understand it.

Where do you live?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Not realy, i wanted only to know, if your English is native speaking.

@Jergen:
Sounds like your device is using an unknown/wrong IP address while running the EVA loader.

Try a tool that may change these address - the original recovery program and/or my tools (see below in my signature - you will find them in the "eva_tools" sub-folder of YourFritz) for Linux and Windows are able to do this.

@Jergen:
Sounds like your device is using an unknown/wrong IP address while running the EVA loader.

Try a tool that may change these address - the original recovery program and/or my tools (see below in my signature - you will find them in the "eva_tools" sub-folder of YourFritz) for Linux and Windows are able to do this.
Thanks for the advice.
I did the recovery with the original recovery program (box ip = 192.168.178.1), but it did not help.
Is it possible that when turning off the box (during flashing) there are problems with IP (the address disappears because it is from the dhcpd of the box that is being turned off)?

... dhcpd of the box that is being turned off...
:rolleyes:...???... I don't know if I understand it correctly...but in every case:
Your PC should have a static ip-adress (in the same subnet), for example 192.168.178.3.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Your PC should have a static ip-adress
That's right while using "push_firmware" - but the original recovery program has a problem with static IP address assignments (under Windows OS, but this program is only available for Windows), if the used LAN segment isn't 192.168.178.0/24.

There's a thread describing some aspects and problems of gaining access to EVA's FTP server: https://www.ip-phone-forum.de/threads/wie-recovere-ich-eigentlich-richtig.299790/ - but it's only available in German.

Nevertheless I'm believing, that it's still good enough to be understood, if it's translated to English (or any other supported language) with Google Translator or DeepL (which supports Polish, too) or any other appropriate tool.

EDIT:
but it did not help.
We may only guess, what this could mean ... was even the recovery program unable to find the device or did it run successfully and your own (and later) attempt to flash the own firmware failed again?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Explanation below:

PC (host) = 192.168.178.20 (static IP),
Freetz_linux = 192.168.178.21 (IP from dhcp of fritz.box)
Freetz.box = 192.168.178.1 (static, dhcpd sever)

Unfortunately, I am not able to make the static IP for Freetz_linux, even if I update the /etc/network/interfaces with:
Code:
auto enp0s3
iface enp0s3 inet static
address 192.168.178.21
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.178.1

During the flashing, you need to restart the Fritz.box, so maybe it is possible that during this time the Freetz_linux is losing the IP, as Fritz.box is dhcpd server.

Use a native OS (not a VM) to flash the image - and your problems will vanish immediately. According to #12 you've a PC "host" with a static IP - why don't you use this machine to access the FRITZ!Box device?

Use a native OS (not a VM) to flash the image - and your problems will vanish immediately. According to #12 you've a PC "host" with a static IP - why don't you use this machine to access the FRITZ!Box device?
For this, I need a clear tutorial - how to flash the fritz.box using windows.
So far (not having much knowledge), I started with with freetz-linux as a virtual machine, but as you know no success until now.

I need to take some time to handle this process. I think I will still need your help. Thank you in advance.

For this, I need a clear tutorial
The link is in #2 - use a translation tool to read the (final) pages (it's only a redirection to the Wayback Machine, 'cause the site with this "HowTo" is (permanently) down meanwhile).

EDIT:
Your other option is to learn the right way to configure networking with Ubuntu 20.04 - according to #1 your VM is based on this version. But 20.04 uses "netplan" to configure - this is simple to find out, if you try to search the internet for this theme, e.g. here: How to switch back networking to /etc/network/interfaces on Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa Linux - LinuxConfig.org or here: https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-conf...ss-on-ubuntu-20-04-focal-fossa-desktop-server ... and so on.

After you've read some sources about this, you'll not be surprised any longer, why your changes to network configuration get ignored.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
The link is in #2 - use a translation tool to read the (final) pages (it's only a redirection to the Wayback Machine, 'cause the site with this "HowTo" is (permanently) down meanwhile).

EDIT:
Your other option is to learn the right way to configure networking with Ubuntu 20.04 - according to #1 your VM is based on this version. But 20.04 uses "netplan" to configure - this is simple to find out, if you try to search the internet for this theme, e.g. here: How to switch back networking to /etc/network/interfaces on Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa Linux - LinuxConfig.org or here: https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-conf...ss-on-ubuntu-20-04-focal-fossa-desktop-server ... and so on.

After you've read some sources about this, you'll not be surprised any longer, why your changes to network configuration get ignored.
Thank you for the advice, but I gave up using the VM Ubuntu system (Freetz-Linux-1.5.7-Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (Focal Fossa) 64-Bit-v1.1.ova).
I installed Debian 10 on a laptop:

Debian 10 with Freetz-NG - native system with prerequisites (192.168.178.20; static IP) <----> switch <----> Fritz!box 7390 (192.168.178.1)

Unfortunately, it does not work:
Code:
lego@deb:~/freetz-ng$ make push-firmware

* Analyzing 'images/7390_06.86.int_freetz-ng-16837-e53b46518_20200612-094858.image' ...

* Target host: 192.168.178.1
 * Outgoing IP: 192.168.178.20

!!! WARNING !!! WARNING !!! WARNING !!! WARNING !!! WARNING !!!
 !!!  THERE IS NO WARRANTY AT ALL !!! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK   !!!

* Are you sure, that you want to flash this file to the device?
   images/7390_06.86.int_freetz-ng-16837-e53b46518_20200612-094858.image
   Proceed? (y/[n]) y

* You should now reboot your box (192.168.178.1). Waiting for shut down.

Waiting ........ found!

* Box is back up again, initiating transfer.

LibNcFTP 3.2.5 (January 17, 2011) compiled for linux-x86_64-glibc2.27
Uname: Linux|deb|4.19.0-9-amd64|#1 SMP Debian 4.19.118-2+deb10u1 (2020-06-07)|x86_64
Contents of /etc/debian_version:
Contents of /etc/issue:
  Debian GNU/Linux 10 \n \l
Glibc: 2.28 (stable)
Could not connect to 192.168.178.1: Connection refused.
Retry Number: 1
Could not connect to 192.168.178.1 -- try again later: Connection timed out.
Retry Number: 2
Could not connect to 192.168.178.1: Connection refused.
ncftpput: cannot open 192.168.178.1: remote host refused connection.
make: *** [Makefile:341: push-firmware] Error1

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.