btutal

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hallo,

Bitte entschuldige mich das Schreiben auf Englisch, aber ich lerne immer noch Deutsch :)

I have Fritz!Box 7490 modem provided by my ISP but since it wasn't enough for all the devices in my home network I've purchased another router. (AmpliFi HD Mesh system)

Afterward, I've realized it is not possible to use FritzBox 7490 in Bridge mode (I believe PPPoE-Passthrough is not exactly the same.)

After some research on the internet, I've learned that I need to change the config to "dsldmode_full_bridge" but somehow I couldn't activate Telnet without a phone. (I've added #96*7* to telefonbuch and used Wählhilfe etc.)

Does anybody have experience with this or am I trying to achieve something impossible?

My device is running FRITZ!OS: 07.12.

Thanks in advance

Although possible, a FRITZ!Box is not designed to be placed into Bridge mode. Otherwise, your mentioned option would be visible in the ‘normal’ web-user interface. Therefore, did you consider to place your AmpliFi HD into bridge mode; any reasons against that? Anyway, to answer your question: You do not need Telnet; does this post help?

Thank you for your answer. I will lose lots of features if I put AmpliFi HD into bridge mode. I tried the method in your post and placed the Fritz!Box in "dsldmode_full_bridge" mode afterward router didn't have an IP at all and I needed to put router in PPPoE mode. I am not sure why though. I've just written to the AmpliFi support they also have no idea but they will check.

1. Which features do you loose?
  2. Which ISP do you use, in which country?

Hey, I am running a setup using a FB7272 as a DSL modem and a Mikrotik CCR as a router here in Germany. In "dsldmode_full_bridge" the FB acts a a bridge and relays all PPPOE packets from the DSL-line to the LAN. The FB has the IP of 192.168.178.1 on the interfaces to the LAN side. On the router, I set the interface connected to the FB to the IP 192.168.178.2. Then the router has to be setup to accept and use the VLAN7-tag (here in Germany, Deutsche Telekom). Then it needs a PPPOE-Client running on the VLAN7-interface. Then the usual firwall and routing settings. Should work. My FB7272 is on firmware 06.87.

Fullquote removed

1. Actually same functionality with Fritz!Box but in a much more convenient way. Via their mobile app, I can pause a certain device from using internet, easily start stop Guest Network, see current performance of the system and check each devices current bandwidth, I can create profiles for device groups and set limitations etc.
2. M-Net, Munich/Germany
[Edit Novize: Please no multiple posts, respect the forum rules... Posting 2]
Fullquote removed

Hey, thanks for reply. How was the connection between devices? I had line to the FritzBox's Wan and from Lan1 of FB to my routers WAN. When FB was in dsldmode_full_bridge, I need to put my router in PPPoE mode and set VLAN ID 40 (Germany, M-Net). Afterward, I had internet connection in routers network but I was not able to access Fritz!Box's GUI at all. My subnet is 10.0.100.1/24 on my router, maybe I need to assign an IP to Fritz!Box somehow?

In addition when I check from myfritz.net, FB had an IP like xx.xx.xx.44 but AmpliFi Router had xx.xx.xx.66
It is like I had two PPPoE client with different IPs etc.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
Hey, thanks for reply. How was the connection between devices? I had line to the FritzBox's Wan and from Lan1 of FB to my routers WAN. When FB was in dsldmode_full_bridge, I need to put my router in PPPoE mode and set VLAN ID 40 (Germany, M-Net). Afterward, I had internet connection in routers network but I was not able to access Fritz!Box's GUI at all. My subnet is 10.0.100.1/24 on my router, maybe I need to assign an IP to Fritz!Box somehow?

In addition when I check from myfritz.net, FB had an IP like xx.xx.xx.44 but AmpliFi Router had xx.xx.xx.66
It is like I had two PPPoE client with different IPs etc.

Hey, the FB and the router are connected like you did - LAN1 from FB to WAN on the router. That's correct.

In order to access the GUI of the FB from inside your network, you have to keep in mind, that it's on the WAN side of the router. Therefore, you need to make the FB and the router able to talk to each other and for your clients to send packets to the FB. In my case I set my router on the WAN interface to have an IP of 192.168.178.2 (on VLAN0 or untagged). Then I set a static route from the router to the FB. Can you try pings from the Amplify GUI? If yes, try to ping the 192.168.178.1. If you get replies, then this connection is established. Then you need firewall and NAT rules, to allow your clients from inside the Amplify-network to access the 192.168.178.0 network, maybe you need port forwarding and so on. It is possible and I can provide the necessary commands for Mikrotik, but I have no experience with Amplify. But it should be possible.

PPPOE: It is possible, that your FB establishes a PPPOE connection and that the Amplify router establishes another. This should not concern you, if everything else is running. In order to not have two PPPOE connections you could reset your FB, stop the initial setup in the FB GUI, change to "dsldmode_full_bridge" and try again. This should work, that's how I did it. I used this method: How-To in German

Hi ! Same problem here :(
  • AVM Fritz!Box 7581 -> bridge mode
  • AmpliFi HD Router -> PPPoE mode
Help !!

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.