Fritz!box as ip-client: how to access its webinterface?

Edward Velo

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hi,

When the fritz!box is in "IP client" mode in an existing network; how can one still access its webinterface?

cable internet -> router -> fritz!box -> PC

The PC's that are on the router can not access it (fritz!box doesn't allow access from WAN side), and the PC behind it (on LAN B) probaby can - but how? This PC got an IP from the router; how can I find out which IP address the fritz!box got from the router?

Thanks!

PS. Sorry if this is already written in this forum, but my German is not so good :-(

Hi,

try the "arp -a" command at the console (cmd) or "ipconfig /all"

BtW, if you use the 7050, beware of the different IP's, because the 7050 is a real Router! Take a look at the manual...

Hi,

try the "arp -a" command at the console (cmd) or "ipconfig /all"

BtW, if you use the 7050, beware of the different IP's, because the 7050 is a real Router! Take a look at the manual...

It is a 7050, but in the "IP client" setup, it's not being used as a router - so the PC behind is does not have a connection to the fritzbox (the router is the DHCP server and the default gateway, not the fritzbox). So there is no MAC address visible in the arp command nor the ipconfig command...

Hallo,

maybe the router shows the IP adresses he gave to the FritzBox. Otherwise you can use the fallback IP, 192.168.178.254 or 169.254.1.1 (depends on the firmware). Please switch your PCs IP statically to one in the correct subnet in order to access one of the fallback IPs.

Hi,
(the router is the DHCP server and the default gateway, not the fritzbox).
there is your Problem, because the 7050 has a DHCP-Server running on each IP (LAN A/B, WLAN, USB)!
Try to use PPoE = Internetverbindung selbst aufbauen (NAT-Router mit PPPoE oder IP) with fix IP instead of IP-Client and it will work probably.

Hi,there is your Problem, because the 7050 has a DHCP-Server running on each IP (LAN A/B, WLAN, USB)!
Try to use PPoE = Internetverbindung selbst aufbauen (NAT-Router mit PPPoE oder IP) with fix IP instead of IP-Client and it will work probably.

No, when the fritz!box is in "ip client" mode, the dhcp nor router (from the fritz!box) doesn't work. Basically it's just an ATA.

The fritz!box can not initiate the connection, because the router before it is doing that already (so PPPoE can not be used).

Ok, then deactivate all DHCP-Servers at the Box and turn back to IP-Client.

BtW, which Firmware du you use?

Ok, then deactivate all DHCP-Servers at the Box and turn back to IP-Client.

BtW, which Firmware du you use?

When it's working as IP client, the DHCP of the FB is already deactivated.

Anyway, I found the solution now! I just checked the router's settings to see which IP it gave to the FB. And I can access the FB now both from LANA ("wan") as LANB ("lan").

Thanks for all the help.

PS. Firmware is 14.04.26

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.