[Frage] Fritzbox 3390 DE to EN

d_esTin_y

Neuer User
Mitglied seit
12 Dez 2015
Beiträge
7
Punkte für Reaktionen
0
Punkte
0
Hello @ all,

I want to flash my fritzbox 3390 (ver 06.30) to International version so that the language could be changed.

I did the following:
Tried with ruKernal, but it does not support 3390.
Then tried it manually by entering in adam2 mode (ftp 192.168.178.1) and entering the following commands:

quote SETENV annex A
quote SETENV kernel_args annex=A
quote SETENV firmware_version avme
quote UNSETENV provider

Then used the recovery FRITZ.Box_3390.en-de-es-it-fr-pl.06.30.recover-image.exe, unfortunately it ended up in an error stating could not determine version (or similar).
I tried to change the annex settings which also did not help. Anyways after changing the branding it bootloop. I then reverted the branding so that it booted. But then I tried to find what will happen if running the recovery FRITZ.Box_3390.06.30.recover-image.exe (DE), and the error was the same as before.

How can I proceed to change the language of the box?

After going through this thread http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?t=275316 I now think of degrading the OS to 6.20 and change language and then upgrade to 6.30. Will that work? From where to get the recovery?

Thanks and best regards

d_esTin_y
 
Try to set "firmware_info" too (using FTP access to EVA) ... a valid value could be "121.06.20" for your model.

EDIT: Or check the existing version with "GETENV" and report it here ... there should be no other source for the recovery program to refuse your request than the environment read from the box.

BTW ... using the kernel command line argument to change the annex and setting the reserved variable "annex" at same time, leads to an unnecessary redundancy. The value from kernel_args overrules every other setting (annex_param is set in /etc/init.d/S01-head):
Code:
##########################################################################################
## Annex
##########################################################################################
if [ -z "$annex_param" ] ; then
if [ "${CONFIG_DSL_MULTI_ANNEX}" = "y" ] ; then
LOADANNEX=`echo ar7cfg.dslglobalconfig.Annex | ar7cfgctl -s 2>/dev/null | sed s/\\"//g` ; # annex aus userselection?
if [ -z "${LOADANNEX}" ] ; then
export ANNEX=`cat $CONFIG_ENVIRONMENT_PATH/annex` ; # annex aus /proc nehmen, nicht von Config!
else
export ANNEX=${LOADANNEX} ; # annex aus userselection
fi
else
export ANNEX=`cat $CONFIG_ENVIRONMENT_PATH/annex` # annex aus /proc nehmen, nicht von Config!
fi
if [ -z "${ANNEX}" ] ; then export ANNEX=${CONFIG_ANNEX} ; fi # nur wenn vom /proc nix kommt, default setzen.
else # annex_param
export ANNEX=$annex_param
fi
 
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Nothing worked, but I could logon to adam2 and read and set settings... finally I started with wireshark and recovery.exe, there i could see that the TCP connections are not passing the initial 3-way handshake. The box was always reseting the the SYN packets... hmm

Now i hope that i have a a logical explanation of what and why it happened like this.

Step 1, Opened ftp to 192.168.178.1 from 192.168.178.2
Step 2, After closing the ftp session with bye, started recovery.exe.

If i remember correctly all the time i was doing like this (if i remember correctly). Never tried to run recovery.exe as the first TCP session to the box.

Anyway in short I could flash it with recovery.exe after altering the branding and a fresh start of the box!

Thanks everyone for the help.
 
Kostenlos!

Statistik des Forums

Themen
248,923
Beiträge
2,305,217
Mitglieder
378,647
Neuestes Mitglied
nightdeck