[Problem] Fritzbox 5491 GponPassword in hex

gmonte86

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hi,
First of all I write in English because I don't speak German.

I live in Spain and I have internet connection with o2 which is movistar "low-cost" brand.
I want to replace the stock router with my fritz 5491 that I was using with my previous isp.

Fritz.png

The problem I have is that o2 and movistar require a gpon password in hex format which is 20 characters, and the fritz ui accepts a shorter ascii string.

I have tried doing a backup of the settings, decoding it using this tool https://github.com/PeterPawn/decoder and uploading it again with the right checksum.
I have tried in different formats, for example:
pwsGPONPLOAMPassword = "\xf2\x02\x01\x23\x45\x67\x89\x00";

I also read the settings again and after decoding I get

pwsGPONPLOAMPassword = "xf2x02x01x23x45x67x89x00";

So I guess the fritz firmware is not able to escape the string as hex.

Do you know if there is any workaround to write the ONT id in hex format to the fritz ?

thanks

is not able to escape the string as hex.
If you inspect the exported file thoroughly, you will come to a value "webui->cookie", that could give you an idea, how non-printable values should be encoded in FRITZ!OS configuration files.

It's point 3 of "EXTENDED DESCRIPTION" from this (or any other, but equal) specification of "printf" format: https://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/utilities/printf.html - I would always use the "three-digits variant", as long as the next character is not necessarily outside the range of 0 to 7.

Thanks for your help,

the escaping worked and I was able to upload the config.

Still it's not working I'm getting DHCPv4 no answer on DISCOVER error

I will keep trying

Neueste Beiträge

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
#Kuddel#
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.