Fritzbox 7270 1&1 Firmware to International firmware

mamep

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hi,

I've just bought a new 7270 from germany with 1&1 and latest german firmware.

Is it possible to change it to international firmware and to Annex A?

It would be nice to have that info.
I propose to the admins of the forum make it sticky.

Hi, yes it is possible. I used firmware 54.04.59
and the firmware update to change to annex A
I was not able to to it with a newer SW.
If you need the Annex changer SW give me a PN or email.
Dimi

1. Download the RECOVERY-FW "FRITZ.Box_Fon_WLAN_7270_16.AnnexB.en-de-es-it-fr.04.76.recover-image.exe" from x_misc on avm ftp server. "AnnexB" is not an error!

1. A box branded to 1&1 should be debranded - therefore simply upload the file [POST=971638]fritz_as_avm_newer.tar[/POST] just like any firmware update - do NOT unpack this file.

2. Upload the file [POST=971638]fritz_as_avme_newer.tar[/POST] (also unpacked) the same way.

3. NOW YOU WILL NOT HAVE AN INTERFACE - DON't WORRY!! Prepare properly a RECOVER procedure and run the downloaded RECOVER-EXE. When restarting again your box will give you a choice between Annex A and B and you can choose between the five languages English, German, Spanish, Italian or French.

4. Once changed the basis to Annex A your box will accept future updates of avm's international fw for 7270 - you may first update to the latest fw "....7270_16.AnnexB.en-de-es-it-fr.54.04.81"

This will only work on 7270 Version 2 with 16 mb flash memory. It will not work on V1 (8 mb flash) or V3 (if box is V3 this is clearly stated on bottom of the box).
When uploading the ..tar file disregard any error message - just go ahead - final message reads: Firmwre Update fehlgeschlagen, Fehler: KEIN FEHLER! This means it went all right and does NOT indicate an error!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hi.
my box is a V3 from 1und1.
Any ideas on how to change it to annex A and to international edition?

Any ideas on how to change it to annex A and to international edition?

Normally a V3 should connect to annex a without any further step to do. If it does not: Changing to annex a is rather simple: upload [POST=971638]"fritz_as_annex_a_kernel_args_newer.tar"[/POST] just like a firmware update to your box. This will allow to do normal v3-firmware updates in the future, too.

To get another language to a V3 is another -and more difficult- story. Could try it with "speedport-to-fritz" (use forum search function) choosing 74.04.80 as "first fw", 54.04.81 as "second fw" and in the multiple choice menue of "sp2fr" check "multi-language". Or give it a try with skyteddy's "ruKernelTool" - thus flashing the box with an International FW for 7270-V2 that contains annex a and b dsl driver as well as the 5-languages.

Hi,
habe mich an deine Anweisung gehalten und alles hat wunderbar funktioniert auch der Update auf die letzte Version.
Vielen Dank

Hi. thanks a lot.
will u be able to provide us with links of the software for the language change, since i am lost now in the forum search. i do not know where to start and what to do.:(

All AVM (regular final and recover) firmwares can be found and downloaded from the avm ftp server.

Hi. thanks a lot for your answer.
I wasn't talking about original firmwares, rather than the modifications such as speedport...

@ binary_dreamer: my answer referred to vortex1.

Sorry, but your last # does not give any sense to me. What's the relation between your original question "Any ideas on how to change it to annex A and to international edition?" and "speedport" (speedport is a special "FRITZBox" for German Telekom). If you wanted to say "speed-to-fritz" I mentioned the firmwares you need to do the modifications in #6.

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.