fritzbox seems dead (english help needed)

arnevt

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hi

this morning, my FBF7050 seemed dead, (running 14.04.06 for weeks, with just openvpn on). Recovering didn't work (tried the recover program from avm). No leds start flashing (only an amber led INSIDE the fob). I think it's dead. It's one I bought from germany (1und1). Is there any change I can send it to avm and they send it back to belgium? Does avm have an RMA procedure? (i don't see it on the site)

If somebody has some other tricks I can try, please help me :)

arne

Have you tried to recover only once or multiple times? The timing is very important, so try again and again.

HTH,
Wichard

I did, no effect. I was wondering, the red cable, is it a straight cable or a cross cable? I can't check right now.

I'm afraid this box is toasted

arne

The red cable schould be a straight one (connected 1:1).

If you really think your box is dead, you should try to contact AVM .

Wichard

if my nic has an ip of x.y.z.5, during recovery he allways searches for x.y.z.2. Do i need to give my nic an ip of 192.168.178.x? of will he find the box with whatever IP?

arne

arne!

As far as I know, the recovery program allways trys to connect to the box by using IP 192.168.178.254 within a class C network (subnet 255.255.255.0).
So try to set Your nic to DHCP with all options in "automatic" state.
Start the recovery procedure and it should work!
Remember: the whole recovery process may take up to 10 minutes of time.

Joe

Zurzeit aktive Besucher

Neueste Beiträge

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
#Kuddel#
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.