FW 7170 english version

inshar_it

Neuer User
Mitglied seit
17 Feb 2006
Beiträge
39
Punkte für Reaktionen
0
Punkte
0
Hallo to all!
I am trying to build 7170 Firmware with english realese.
I have modified configuration file of DS-MOD setting En Language, Annex A and AVME branding to support fritz 7170 english version.
I have also created a patch (wit null content) for 7170 en...
Well once i go to compile with new options (7170 annex a english and avme branding exactely as 7140) the compilation get successefull and i have in my hands the ds-mod firmware.
Unluckly when i go to install it to the box, the box starts the update, after a little it asks me if i want continue because is not signed by avm, i say to proceed but immediately after it says me that the process has stopped for unknown reason...
I have noticed instead, that if i compile the firmware using the option "kernel replace" it goes all well, and the box also loads the firmware without problems (the process of upgrade ends successfully) but unfortunately in this case the box after doesn't work ell (and neither in this case i know what is the mistake).
I would like to not use kernel replace and be able to load the firmware properly...
Any suggestion of where is the mistake?
Thanks!
 
Hi.
I can't image why the "replace kernel" feature should cause this behaviour. Can you please attach your .config?

Greets Oliver
 
Hi.
I can't image why the "replace kernel" feature should cause this behaviour. Can you please attach your .config?

Greets Oliver

Sure!
Here is the attached .config file with "replace kernel" enabled, the firmware results well compiled but once i load on the box it doesn't work (the router starts, hangs and restarts by itself).
Without "replace kernel" , but nothing different, the box gives an unknown error...
Thanks for help!
 

Anhänge

After having a look into your .config it's clear to me why "replace kernel" is not working.
Code:
DS_DL_SOURCE="fritz.box_fon_wlan_7170.annexa.en.58.04.47.image"
Normally I would expect an experienced user to mention that he tries to modify a new image. And this version is not supported by ds26-15.2.

Greets Oliver
 
After having a look into your .config it's clear to me why "replace kernel" is not working.
Code:
DS_DL_SOURCE="fritz.box_fon_wlan_7170.annexa.en.58.04.47.image"
Normally I would expect an experienced user to mention that he tries to modify a new image. And this version is not supported by ds26-15.2.

Greets Oliver


Yes!
You are in right!
Well i have done some other trials...
I have disabled all packages, and also not using "kernel replace" now it works!
Seems me that something between VirtualIP, Tor, Vproxy and mini_fo gives some troubles to the box...
Without these packages loads the FW.
Unfortunately with modpasswd it does change standard password but on reboot has no memory of it so i can not access to ds-mod menu...
But at least seems me that i am getting colser to a solution...
Thanks
 
Perhaps you have to adapt the patches? Especially for /etc/init.d/rc.S.

Greets Oliver
 
Perhaps you have to adapt the patches? Especially for /etc/init.d/rc.S.

Greets Oliver
Yes i have to...
I have looked at 7140 en version patches and they seem really the same as the 7170 de...
Now i wonder what i should change...
Moreover i have noticed that the MOD FW created does not read fat32 disks...
Any idea (it can be on account of the vfat patch?)?
Thanks!
 
Kostenlos!

Statistik des Forums

Themen
248,917
Beiträge
2,305,038
Mitglieder
378,638
Neuestes Mitglied
Patrick89