G.729 and G.723 support

petros888

Neuer User
Mitglied seit
23 Mai 2006
Beiträge
21
Punkte für Reaktionen
0
Punkte
0
Hello!

Does the FBF support the G.729 and G.723 codecs?

I am confused, because:
- at http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/AVM+FritzBoxFon it states that FBF " Speaks SIP and uses PCMA, PCMU, G726-32, G726-40, G726-24 as codecs "

on the other hand:
- as I can see from: http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?t=69001&highlight=G729+G726 it does support G.729 and G.723.

I have tried to set priority to G.729 and G.723 on my FBF, but i can not use neither them with VoipBuster. ( VoipBuster claims to support both of them: http://www.voipbuster.com/en/sip.html )

What's the truth about it?

Thank you in advance!!!
 
petros888 schrieb:
Does the FBF support the G.729 and G.723 codecs??
In one word...NO

petros888 schrieb:
I am confused, because:
- at http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/AVM+FritzBoxFon it states that FBF " Speaks SIP and uses PCMA, PCMU, G726-32, G726-40, G726-24 as codecs?
These are old threads. Once AVM worked out that people here worked out that the boxes had the codec software they intentionally removed it from the next firmware update.
petros888 schrieb:
What's the truth about it?
AVM is tight, they do not want to pay the license fees and the companies they are in bed with (all German) do not support them anyway.

I wrote to AVM about it and they answered that the "International Boxes" support at least the G.729 codec. I have confirmed that it is in the 7050 International Version but in the Classic I do not think so.
 
Kostenlos!

Statistik des Forums

Themen
248,924
Beiträge
2,305,277
Mitglieder
378,650
Neuestes Mitglied
Factory22