Hi guys,
Sorry for writing English, I just don’t want to scary anyone with my German.
My question is if it is possible to have GMX Free DSL but use third party VoIP providers for international calls.
At the moment I have T-Net analog telephone + GMX DSL (2 Mbit).
GMX offers to switch to GMX Free DSL product and get 16 MBits. But I must cancel my T-Net telephone and therefore loose Telekom’s CountrySelect tarif which I currently use for international calls.
Unfortunately GMX prices are very high for the country I often call to.
A GMX salesman told me that it is not possible to use other VoIP providers with GMX Free DSL.
Is it correct?
If yes, is there a way to workaround it?
I’d like to use a normal telephone and not a computer in order to make calls.
As far as I understand, it will be connected to a FritzBox provided by GMX. Will it have some special firmware to block third party VoIPs?
I’ve read here on this forum about ‘entbranden’ of FritzBox. Will it help in my case?
Thank you in advance.
Sorry for writing English, I just don’t want to scary anyone with my German.
My question is if it is possible to have GMX Free DSL but use third party VoIP providers for international calls.
At the moment I have T-Net analog telephone + GMX DSL (2 Mbit).
GMX offers to switch to GMX Free DSL product and get 16 MBits. But I must cancel my T-Net telephone and therefore loose Telekom’s CountrySelect tarif which I currently use for international calls.
Unfortunately GMX prices are very high for the country I often call to.
A GMX salesman told me that it is not possible to use other VoIP providers with GMX Free DSL.
Is it correct?
If yes, is there a way to workaround it?
I’d like to use a normal telephone and not a computer in order to make calls.
As far as I understand, it will be connected to a FritzBox provided by GMX. Will it have some special firmware to block third party VoIPs?
I’ve read here on this forum about ‘entbranden’ of FritzBox. Will it help in my case?
Thank you in advance.