Help requested by non-German speaker

Costas

Neuer User
Mitglied seit
27 Jun 2008
Beiträge
2
Punkte für Reaktionen
0
Punkte
0
Dear friends :)

I recently moved to Germany, and do not speak any German unfortunately. Today I happily installed Fritz!Fon (7150), to realize it has a German-only interface. I am familiar with Fritz!Box so it was quite ok, until I tried to upgrade the DECT phone firmware. I have downloaded, and I managed already to upgrade the Fritz!Fon firmware, no problem there. But for the DECT firmware, it only provides me with a download button, and I have no idea what to do next. I have spent a considerable amount of time, with not too successful results :-)

Can someone please explain to me how to do this upgrade?

Many thanks in advance!
 
Hi Costas,

welcome to Germany. I haven't got a 7150 myself, but according to http://download.avm.de/fritz.box/fritzfon.7150/dect-firmware/info.txt, this update is to be installed just like the non-DECT firmware (which is called the Fritz!Box part in this document):

1. http://fritz.box/
2. Menu item "System" (or "Systemeinstellungen")
3. Subitem "Firmware-Update" (or "Anlagensoftware aktualisieren")
4. Enter path of update file (or use browse button ("Durchsuchen")), which must have the extension ".image"

The document also advises you to update the Fritz!Box part prior to installing the DECT update.

Regards,
Andreas
 
Hi Andreas,

Many thanks for your reply! I did what you proposed and indeed it looks like the DECT firmware was updated. I could not imagine that it's the same process (also because the files are TARs with the same file structure).

The problem that led to the effort to upgrade it all was that, although from my laptop over wireless I get excellent VoIP quality, when I use Fritz!Fon (no downloads or other traffic) the quality is really suboptimal. I'm wondering if I should blame the codecs used by AVM, although on my previous box and a fixed "normal" telephone on it, it was just fine.

In any case, thanks again for your help!

Costas
 
The beta firmware versions provided by avm usually focus on improving some single aspect compared to the last official version. They contain the base functionallity with experimental improvements in one special field. If that speciality is stable enough, it will be merged to the base functionality of the next "stable" build.
 
Kostenlos!

Statistik des Forums

Themen
248,917
Beiträge
2,305,038
Mitglieder
378,638
Neuestes Mitglied
Patrick89