Help with a script

I hate polling ;)

Ok, but can you please tell me what script do I have to insert? :)

Plz learn shell scripting and try it on your own. Maybe someone else wants to help you with that particular problem.

What you have to do: First you have to find a way to obtain your current IP address. Maybe you can get it from your alcatel router using wget. Thats probably the best way to do it. If this is not possible, you have to get it from a "myip" page somewhere in the internet. When you managed that, I would save the last result of that "query" and compare it with the current results, if there is a change you know that you have to update your dyndns account.

Regards,
Daniel

danisahne schrieb:
Plz learn shell scripting and try it on your own. Maybe someone else wants to help you with that particular problem.

What you have to do: First you have to find a way to obtain your current IP address. Maybe you can get it from your alcatel router using wget. Thats probably the best way to do it. If this is not possible, you have to get it from a "myip" page somewhere in the internet. When you managed that, I would save the last result of that "query" and compare it with the current results, if there is a change you know that you have to update your dyndns account.

Regards,
Daniel
:( :( :( :( :( :( I'm not able :noidea:

danisahne, instead to update ONLY when the IP changes, what shall I use to make it update the IP every 5min, although the ip is still the same?

zooster schrieb:
danisahne, instead to update ONLY when the IP changes, what shall I use to make it update the IP every 5min, although the ip is still the same?

I strongly advise *NOT* to update dyndns IP addresses every five minutes as the dyndns provider may consider this outside its fair-use policy and disable the account altogether. Updates are sufficient every 24 hours, or in case the IP address changes.

--gandalf.

Ok, how can I choose the frequency of update?

As I posted previously, find a way to obtain your current IP address from the fritzbox command line. That's what you have to solve first. E.g. is the IP shown in the alcatel speedtouch web interface?

If you are able to do get your current IP, you can check for changes and update on changes only. It is really important not to update unnecessarily.

Regards,
danisahne

danisahne schrieb:
As I posted previously, find a way to obtain your current IP address from the fritzbox command line. That's what you have to solve first. E.g. is the IP shown in the alcatel speedtouch web interface?

If you are able to do get your current IP, you can check for changes and update on changes only. It is really important not to update unnecessarily.

Regards,
danisahne
In the altacel web interface(reachable only wiht user/pass) the public IPs is shown in the IP address/route tables together other IPs.
The page is this: http://10.0.0.138/cgi/router/
What can I do plz....?

Find out, if it is possible to login and get that page with wget. An alternative would be to grab a my-ip site from the internet (also with wget) and extract your IP from it (e.g. http://www.whatismyipaddress.com/)

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.