Help with proxy set-up for streaming movies

johnwwweissberg

Neuer User
Mitglied seit
14 Feb 2010
Beiträge
2
Punkte für Reaktionen
0
Punkte
0
I have just purchased a ROKU Viewer that allows me to stream movies from Netflix and Amazon. I live in Belgium and both Netflix and Amazon check the geoip country of my IP address. Since I am outside the US, they refuse me access.

I need to set up either a proxy server or VPN connection to a proxy or VPN service in the US. I can then set-up the Freetz to route certain types of traffic through the proxy or VPN in the US.

I have installed freetz 1.1.2 with openvpn and tinyproxy services.

I need help understanding whether I should use tinyproxy or openvpn. If tinyproxy, then I would appreciate some help in setting up tinyproxy.conf to route certain types of traffic through another proxy server in the US.
 
well generally of course it depends if you have a proxy or vpn access in the us.
i guess it would be much easier to find some proxy than it would be to find a vpn to connect to. free proxies are mostly too slow for getting good results with video streaming...
 
I can find both a proxy and a vpn service. I will use whichever will provide best quality of service and is easy to set up. I do not require any of the masking or encryption provided by a VPN solution.

It seems to me that a VPN will provide lower quality of service because so much encryption/decryption must be performed. Thus I would think that a simple proxy would be the preferred solution.
 
Kostenlos!

Statistik des Forums

Themen
248,924
Beiträge
2,305,279
Mitglieder
378,650
Neuestes Mitglied
Factory22