Help with samba encoding - in English Please

gcf

Neuer User
Mitglied seit
11 Nov 2007
Beiträge
35
Punkte für Reaktionen
0
Punkte
0
My 7270 displays greek file and folder names in the usb mass storage device with wrong encoding, a 7140 also. Same thing happens with ftp access.
Can anyone please suggest how I could change the encoding through samba to UTF-8?
In /var/Samba/var/smb.conf I see:
unix charset = ISO-8859-1
Perhaps I should change that to utf, or add a line
display charset = UTF-8 or something like that.
Editing the file with vi does not survive a router restart.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
 
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Are you using freetz on your box?
Then you must only ad this single line under "Samba: Erweitert (Experten Optionen)":
Code:
unix charset = UTF-8

Look also on the atached screenshot.
 

Anhänge

  • Samba.PNG
    Samba.PNG
    39.1 KB · Aufrufe: 12
Νο, I'm using the original firmware at the moment...
 
Hmm.
I don't know if there is a chance to change the unix charset to UTF8 in the default AVM-Samba, so I can't help you, sorry.
I had the same problem with mixed charset too with the freetz-samba, but here you can change it (as shown in my post before).
 
Kostenlos!

Statistik des Forums

Themen
248,920
Beiträge
2,305,120
Mitglieder
378,645
Neuestes Mitglied
nikitarajusa