hotplug on different hardware

This behaviour has not been seen since; maybe it happened once due to some unlnown circumstances or state of the FB.

I'm not sure about that... The only way to manually eject a given device is as I've said: that procedure will stop any specified services/programs and announce the difference to avm.

The directory name is indicative to it's function: interface....

I'm not sure about that... The only way to manually eject a given device is as I've said: that procedure will stop any specified services/programs and announce the difference to avm.

The directory name is indicative to it's function: interface....

You're right, of course. The devmap is updated when the AVM GUI entfernen function is used, but, indeed, not when a partition is unmounted by hand.
Forget about it...

You're right, of course. The devmap is updated when the AVM GUI entfernen function is used, but, indeed, not when a partition is unmounted by hand.
Forget about it...
correct... That's why you should first invalidate the key in the 'system' (avm wi and mdev configuration too) using the procedure I mentioned...

test with USB-hub

The mdev hotplug does not handle a passive USB hub on my 7170 very well, the syslog contains:

Code:
usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using ahci and address 4
usb 1-1: device descriptor read/64, error -145
usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using ahci and address 5
usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using ahci and address 6
usb 1-1: device not accepting address 6, error -145
usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using ahci and address 7
usb 1-1: device not accepting address 7, error -145

The mdev hotplug does not handle a passive USB hub on my 7170 very well, the syslog contains:

Are you using version 0.0.4? The logs I have don't look like that.... And that version should also support 2.6.13 kernels.

[edit]That looks like udev...[/edit]

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Code:
usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using ahci and address 4
usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using ahci and address 5
usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using ahci and address 6
usb 1-1: device not accepting address 6, error -145
usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using ahci and address 7
usb 1-1: device not accepting address 7, error -145

I've googled about quite a bit looking for this kind of error. It seems they have to do with power on current/voltage response. Meaning the the maximal output current had been overdrawn. In all cases I've found, "they" suggest resetting the device.

In this case that may not be possible. Therefore I suggest the following work-around: wait a number of seconds before inserting each of the offending devices. If this continues try adding a low resistance resistor in series to the device Vcc.

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.