.titleBar { margin-bottom: 5px!important; }

How to upgrade to 14.04.26 with annex A

Dieses Thema im Forum "FRITZ!Box Fon: Modifikationen" wurde erstellt von Edward Velo, 3 Feb. 2007.

1. Edward Velo

Edward Velo Neuer User

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Hi,

I have a German Fritz!box 7050 that I use in Belgium. I has firmware 14.04.15, and I added the famous fritz_als_avm_annex_A_new.tar file to change it to Annex A (while the webinterface remains in German). This was very quickly done, and is working quite well for me.

However, now I wanted to upgrade to the new German firmware 14.04.26. But when I try to do that, it says that this firmware is not compatible with my Fritzbox (in German, of course). Probably because of the added fritz_als_avm_annex_A_new.tar file. I guess that file is not a complete firmware, but just an addition to the existing firmware?

So now my questions:

- how can I change the firmware to the new 14.04.26 ? Is there a way to remove the patch, upgrade, and then apply the patch again?

- is my current "patch" fritz_als_avm_annex_A_new.tar still compatible with this new 14.04.26 ?

Thanks!

2. doc456

doc456 IPPF-Urgestein

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Hi,
    no it is not compatible.
    First you have to go back to Annex B (take the other Patch from haveaniceday), than do the Update .26.
    After that, you have to use the Annex A Patch again.

3. Edward Velo

Edward Velo Neuer User

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Thanks! Can you please tell me where I can find that "un-patch" (so it's back to normal Annex B) ?

Just to be sure: so the patch that I already have is compatible with the new firmware also?

Thanks!

4. Marsupilami

Marsupilami IPPF-Promi

Punkte für Erfolge:
    If your english is good, why don't you change your firmware to english? Then you could upgrade just the english Annex A firmware version.

5. Edward Velo

Edward Velo Neuer User

Punkte für Erfolge:
    My English is much better than my German, but as far as I know, changing a German Fritzbox to English interface is much more complex than just changing it to Annex A (which requires just a single file to upload!). So that is why. I understand just enough German to set it up this way :)

6. Marsupilami

Marsupilami IPPF-Promi

Punkte für Erfolge:
    In my opinion changing the language isn't really more difficult than changing the Annex mode. And changing the language once seems to me easier than changing the Annex to B and back to A just to upgrade the firmware.
    Have a look at just the first posting in this thread:
    Converting a German targeted Fritz!Box Fon Wlan to an International version
    That's a quite good how to.

7. scul

scul Neuer User

Punkte für Erfolge:
    Hi,

I also use a German fritzbox 7050 in Belgium, patched to Annex A.
    You cannot update from 14.04.15 to 14.04.26 before your fritzbox has been reset to Annex B.

This was a difficult job to do, but finally I succeeded.
    - First of all you have to save the recent configuration of your box.
    - Then reset your fritz box ("Zurückstellen") to factory setting.
    - Load the genuine avm recovery file ftp://ftp.avm.de/fritz.box/fritzbox...itz.box_fon_wlan_7050.04.15.recover-image.exe (you should be used in doing this, there is a lot of description in this forum.)
    - Once you have reloaded the recovery file, update with Annex-B software http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?t=68979&highlight=Annex:_B
    - Now your fritzbox should be runnning with Annex B.
    - Once again reset the box and update to 10.14.26.
    - Load Annex-A software of this forum.
    - Reload the configuration preliminarily saved.

Maybe you primarily try to perform this procedure without the step of fritzbox recovery.