How to upgrade to 14.04.26 with annex A

Edward Velo

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hi,

I have a German Fritz!box 7050 that I use in Belgium. I has firmware 14.04.15, and I added the famous fritz_als_avm_annex_A_new.tar file to change it to Annex A (while the webinterface remains in German). This was very quickly done, and is working quite well for me.

However, now I wanted to upgrade to the new German firmware 14.04.26. But when I try to do that, it says that this firmware is not compatible with my Fritzbox (in German, of course). Probably because of the added fritz_als_avm_annex_A_new.tar file. I guess that file is not a complete firmware, but just an addition to the existing firmware?

So now my questions:

- how can I change the firmware to the new 14.04.26 ? Is there a way to remove the patch, upgrade, and then apply the patch again?

- is my current "patch" fritz_als_avm_annex_A_new.tar still compatible with this new 14.04.26 ?

Thanks!

Hi,
no it is not compatible.
First you have to go back to Annex B (take the other Patch from haveaniceday), than do the Update .26.
After that, you have to use the Annex A Patch again.

doc456 schrieb:
Hi,
no it is not compatible.
First you have to go back to Annex B (take the other Patch from haveaniceday), than do the Update .26.
After that, you have to use the Annex A Patch again.

Thanks! Can you please tell me where I can find that "un-patch" (so it's back to normal Annex B) ?

Just to be sure: so the patch that I already have is compatible with the new firmware also?

Thanks!

If your english is good, why don't you change your firmware to english? Then you could upgrade just the english Annex A firmware version.

Marsupilami schrieb:
If your english is good, why don't you change your firmware to english? Then you could upgrade just the english Annex A firmware version.
My English is much better than my German, but as far as I know, changing a German Fritzbox to English interface is much more complex than just changing it to Annex A (which requires just a single file to upload!). So that is why. I understand just enough German to set it up this way :)

In my opinion changing the language isn't really more difficult than changing the Annex mode. And changing the language once seems to me easier than changing the Annex to B and back to A just to upgrade the firmware.
Have a look at just the first posting in this thread:
Converting a German targeted Fritz!Box Fon Wlan to an International version
That's a quite good how to.

Hi,

I also use a German fritzbox 7050 in Belgium, patched to Annex A.
You cannot update from 14.04.15 to 14.04.26 before your fritzbox has been reset to Annex B.

This was a difficult job to do, but finally I succeeded.
- First of all you have to save the recent configuration of your box.
- Then reset your fritz box ("Zurückstellen") to factory setting.
- Load the genuine avm recovery file ftp://ftp.avm.de/fritz.box/fritzbox...itz.box_fon_wlan_7050.04.15.recover-image.exe (you should be used in doing this, there is a lot of description in this forum.)
- Once you have reloaded the recovery file, update with Annex-B software http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?t=68979&highlight=Annex:_B
- Now your fritzbox should be runnning with Annex B.
- Once again reset the box and update to 10.14.26.
- Load Annex-A software of this forum.
- Reload the configuration preliminarily saved.

Maybe you primarily try to perform this procedure without the step of fritzbox recovery.

Zurzeit aktive Besucher

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
PauSchmitz
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.